Author Topic: DB Update - Scan type drop down issue  (Read 3474 times)

Stokely

Re: DB Update - Scan type drop down issue
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »
I think I can circumvent the issues with a little manual labor. I'm going to try exporting my nearly finished db. Make a quarenteen directory with the poorly named ISOs. Change my rom path to that so I can work in a smaller collection. Fix them boys up. Move ISOs back to main collection and copy pasta the DB info to the main XML.

I don't see anyone else on the forums complaining about the file scan times for larger files, so it must just be me. Or everyone sticks to mame :D

Stokely

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 03:29:40 PM »
I think my problem must be file size.  Its working similarly to your example for small rom games.

I'm totally getting bogged down on the "Getting file info for..." step for each scan.   1-2mb games take ~ 100 ms per file info process which is no big deal for that collection.  However, the 1-8gb games in ISO format are taking 1m30s per file info process. 40 games in a collection pushes that intro "Getting file info..." process to over an hour before the scraping on a single selected title begins. Is there anyway to bypass the pre-scan?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:34:31 PM »
Some time you will see all files being quickly scanned...but only the selected files will have their data downloaded
(For the purpose of this demo I firstly create an 'empty' database (choosing server  'none'))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:36:46 PM by mgalaxy »

Stokely

DB Update - Scan type drop down issue
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »
Hey all. I'm new to mGalaxy but I'm really loving it. Just a few problems so far, and I'm worried it's user error. The dropdown on DBUPDATE for which games to scrap (Every game, new games, selected games) doesn't appear to change anything with the scan. I have premium. Regardless of what I select there, it seems to do a full scan every time.

I've had a few name mismatches when doing large rom collection for newer consoles (those without a premade db file). Without a 'fix match' option, I'd like to update rom names and rescan those without doing the full load. Am I missing something?