Author Topic: Delete database and start over  (Read 4106 times)

Dreager70

Re: Delete database and start over
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »
Thank you!!  I had not pressed the 'display missing items' button and it is working fine now.  Thanks!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 12:29:04 PM »
Hello,

Frontend newb here.  I am trying to delete a database I created with  a MAME rom set that is full of non-arcade games.  I created a folder, moved the roms I wanted on the cabinet, and added the path in runway.  I ran a DB update and can see the new rom list in DB edit.  When I go to run mGalaxy it still shows the old rom set.  I even deleted and reinstalled mGalaxy but the old list is still present.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.   
Creating a database for Mame is a little bit different than with other system.
With every system, this is the rom folder which is scanned and roms are 'imported' from there.
Mame on its side contains every possible games listed natively inside Mame.exe...and mGalaxy first gets all the games from it.
From there, 3 options are available:
1. In mGalaxy_Runway, 'DB UPDATE' tab, run a database update as you would do to download media and data...but check "Remove ref.to missing roms"
2 In mGalaxy_Runway, 'DB EDIT' tab, check the 'Show missing rom' checkbox, select the missing games then click the 'Mark selected items as Hidden' button.
3. In mGalaxy itself, call the 'Preferences' panel and check the 'Only show available' checkbox

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »
I m not understand what you are trying to do.
But there is filter options inside mgalaxy (and not mgalxy runaway) , you can set it to "available only", and if you haven't the file, you will not have the title on mGalaxy.
There is too filter option in MgalaxyRunaway.

Dreager70

Delete database and start over
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:34:41 PM »
Hello,

Frontend newb here.  I am trying to delete a database I created with  a MAME rom set that is full of non-arcade games.  I created a folder, moved the roms I wanted on the cabinet, and added the path in runway.  I ran a DB update and can see the new rom list in DB edit.  When I go to run mGalaxy it still shows the old rom set.  I even deleted and reinstalled mGalaxy but the old list is still present.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.