Author Topic: mGalaxy is Minimizing on Game Exit  (Read 5879 times)

WishItWas1984

Re: mGalaxy is Minimizing on Game Exit
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 10:58:48 PM »
So you have the bug only on mame, but randomly ?

Yes, that's what happens. While random, it's frequent enough to be an issue. However, I only use mGalaxy with MAME, so it might happen on other systems.

Aeliss

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 03:20:02 AM »
So you have the bug only on mame, but randomly ?

WishItWas1984

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 01:51:16 AM »
Hi, Any news about this error?
It's very annoying...
I'm investigating on it...but can't reproduce your problem.
If you want, I could send you a beta of the new version of mGalaxy to test!?

You'll likely see my reply in the other bug thread about mGalaxy "freezing" on exit, but I thought I would mention it here too...

The suggestion in that post, to copy the first script file in the mGalaxy > Data > Script folder and rename it MAME seemed to have fixed this as well. I tried a dozen times and mGalaxy never minimized on exiting a game. Not sure if that will help with a permanent solution.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
Hi, Any news about this error?
It's very annoying...
I'm investigating on it...but can't reproduce your problem.
If you want, I could send you a beta of the new version of mGalaxy to test!?

WishItWas1984

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »
I am having this same issue.   It happens on all emulators, and it seems to be random or at least i dont see the pattern yet. lol..   Anyway, I just recently updated from v6  where this was not happening.  Reading through the forums, some key info i think you need to know. 

- Windows 10
-Yes i run app with admin privilege,
-install directory is C:\Arcade\mGalaxy

I love the new premium themes so any help would be great as I really want to get v7 up and running.  Thanks

Just to tag onto this. I'm also running Windows 10, I don't run as admin, and I have it installed in a custom directory.

breaduscg

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:03:03 AM »
I am having this same issue.   It happens on all emulators, and it seems to be random or at least i dont see the pattern yet. lol..   Anyway, I just recently updated from v6  where this was not happening.  Reading through the forums, some key info i think you need to know. 

- Windows 10
-Yes i run app with admin privilege,
-install directory is C:\Arcade\mGalaxy

I love the new premium themes so any help would be great as I really want to get v7 up and running.  Thanks

WishItWas1984

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 01:23:13 PM »
When you say that it minimizes...you really mean that you have to click on the taskbar to see it reappear?
Which emu please?

Ok, just finished a game of Donkey Kong and it minimized the app again. It was the first game I played today.

WishItWas1984

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 06:20:32 PM »
When you say that it minimizes...you really mean that you have to click on the taskbar to see it reappear?
Which emu please?

Yes, I would have to click the program in the toolbar to bring it back.

However, when I saw your response and went to look up the MAME version, I decided to quickly test it again since I updated to 7.6 from 7.0 since posting. I tried 3-4 games and I could no longer replicate the problem.

For what it's worth, the MAME version is 0.192. If it happens again in the next few days I will post again here.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 05:48:10 AM »
Which emu please?

WishItWas1984

mGalaxy is Minimizing on Game Exit
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 11:41:59 PM »
I'm using Windows 10 and when I hit the button on my joystick to exit a game, the vast majority of the time it minimizes mGalaxy .

I can easily use the trackball on my joystick to bring it back, and when I do it's working just fine.

However, this is a pretty annoying glitch. Anyone else having this happen?