Author Topic: Basic Customization  (Read 7525 times)

uprightbass

• Email
Re: Basic Customization
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 01:34:46 AM »
Do you mean in the (blue) screenshot window...or across all the screen?
display all available images
Do you mean a kind of mosaic?

Just to expand screen shots to the full area of the screen shot window. Also maybe even a slide show setting for games in the favorites list. So pack rats like me can have the marquee,title, screen shot, and cab all rotate. Its also tricky when you have so many thousand images to sort through. I tried blowing them up but that really lags the heck out of the front end. A mosaic may also be really cool.

PS1: Would you please give me your point of view on this subject:
If I was to add a customizer PLUS extends mGalaxy to other emulators, would you manage those emulators settings from the main app..or from the customizer?

I like the idea of have no menus inside the program itself. Its simple, streamlined and good looking. Its also nice that when my dumb friends come over they don't mess anything up. Why not just keep everything other then the front end out of the way. The first screen is the emulator select ( emulator paths available in the configurator) then business as usual :)

PS2: Would you have the graphic that you want to use with your cabinet? (or simply the colour that you want to use?)

Well, I think in the short run it might be nice to just change either the color  gradients, fonts/ font colors to match my cabinet. Then maybe later on you can open up the skins them self. ;) I do love the style itself though, I just have a purple and black marquee and a black and dark gray cab:-)

thats all I can think of at the moment im actually typing this on my cab :lol:

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:50:55 AM »
uprightbass,

Thanks for the kind words (and for being active on the forum by the way) ;)

what about some sort of external configurator
I am thinking exactly like you:
If I had to give people the choice to customize the mGalaxy layout, I would do it through a "customizer" so that the main program keeps simple to use (as this is my main concern).
stretch screen shot
Do you mean in the (blue) screenshot window...or across all the screen?
display all available images
Do you mean a kind of mosaic?

PS1: Would you please give me your point of view on this subject:
If I was to add a customizer PLUS extends mGalaxy to other emulators, would you manage those emulators settings from the main app..or from the customizer?
PS2: Would you have the graphic that you want to use with your cabinet? (or simply the colour that you want to use?)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:53:26 AM by mgalaxy »

uprightbass

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
I got an idea, what about some sort of external configurator so that you don't have to build in any new menus into the program itself. Similar to how 3d arcade runs.

uprightbass

• Email
Basic Customization
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
Hello, first off I have to say perfect! You got it right. Do you have any plans for a customizer so we can drop graphics in? I really want to match this with my cabinet. Also do plan on adding stuff like stretch screen shot or display all available images? You guys did good and im going to use it regardless but let me know:-)