Author Topic: Mgalaxy 7.6.0.0 Won't Recognize PSP Eboot files  (Read 4149 times)

appollo147

Re: Mgalaxy 7.6.0.0 Won't Recognize PSP Eboot files
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 10:04:59 AM »
I guess I should have specified, when I wrote the extension in the code I first off tried in uppercase because the filename extension was in uppercase. But when that didn't work I  changed it to lowercase in the code. Neither way worked.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 05:31:13 AM »
I meant in the code:
Code: [Select]
<Cmd hidden="false" name="ePSXe" value="-nogui -loadbin &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".pbp,.bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>...not you game file extension (just to be sure)
You should see them listed!

appollo147

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 12:01:29 PM »
I tried changing the extension to lowercase and it still did not work :-* Do the files need to be named in a certain format?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 11:08:23 AM »
Type the extension in lowercase!

appollo147

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »
I tried what you said but I must be doing something wrong because I am having the same issue. I deleted the system and then modified the basesystem.xml. The ,pbp extension is showing up in the list of of extensions in the Mgalaxy Runway menu, but it still will not scan the files. I will post a copy of the new PS1 block of the Basesystems.xml file below. Maybe  I typed it in wrong.

<System type="Console">
<Name ss="57" em="Sony_Playstation" tgdb="Sony Playstation" gb="22|PS1">Sony PS1</Name>
<Emu selected="ePSXe">
<Cmd hidden="false" name="ePSXe" value="-nogui -loadbin &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".PBP,.bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="PCSX-Reloaded" value="-nogui -cdfile &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="PSXFin" value="-f &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_psx_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="XEBRA [Script]" value="-IMAGE &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -RUN2 -FULL" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:02:00 AM by appollo147 »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 08:45:35 AM »
Open "mGalaxy > Data > BaseSystems > BaseSystems.xml"  with a text editor
Locate that block (search for "Sony PS1"
<System type="Console">
<Name ss="57" em="Sony_Playstation" tgdb="Sony Playstation" gb="22|PS1">Sony PS1</Name>
<Emu selected="ePSXe">
<Cmd hidden="false" name="ePSXe" value="-nogui -loadbin &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="PCSX-Reloaded" value="-nogui -cdfile &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="PSXFin" value="-f &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_psx_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
<Cmd hidden="false" name="XEBRA [Script]" value="-IMAGE &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot; -RUN2 -FULL" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
</Emu>
</System>

Edit this line
<Cmd hidden="false" name="ePSXe" value="-nogui -loadbin &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
to this (.pbp added to the extensions list)
<Cmd hidden="false" name="ePSXe" value="-nogui -loadbin &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".pbp,.bin,.cue,.ecm,.img,.iso"/>
Save
From now, mGalaxy will be able to see and use PBP files

NOTE: you'll have to create that systems again to benefit from the changes. Using the one you already created won't work!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:11:04 AM by mgalaxy »

appollo147

Mgalaxy 7.6.0.0 Won't Recognize PSP Eboot files
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 06:18:34 AM »
I ripped my PS1 games to .PBP (PSP Eboot) format to save disk space. The games run great in EPSXE so their is no problem there. The problem is when I try to add the games to Mgalaxy I get an error message that says "Rom folder is empty or files in side are invalid." Is their a way to get  Mgalaxy to recognize these files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.