Author Topic: Launching bat files  (Read 3633 times)

fumanchujr

Re: Launching bat files
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 03:20:05 PM »
Thanks for your detailed answer.

It didn't work, maybe there is another way.

It didn't work with the bat files, but, I can create a shortcut for the bat file, and if I choose it in the dropdown, it works!

So thanks again, without your answer I wouldn't have figured it out.

jmd

• Email
Re: Launching bat files
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 08:59:23 AM »
Not sure...but just try this:
- Open "mGalaxy v7.5\Data\BaseSystems\BaseSystems.xml" file with a text editor.
- Find this group of lines:
<System type="Computer">
   <Name ss="" em="Microsoft_Windows" tgdb="PC" gb="94|PC">Microsoft [Applications]</Name>
   <Emu selected="Application shortcut">
      <Cmd hidden="false" name="Application shortcut" value="/C &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".lnk"/>
      <Cmd hidden="false" name="Application shortcut (force foreground) [Script]" value="/C &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".lnk"/>         
   </Emu>
</System>

and add a new line that way:
<System type="Computer">
   <Name ss="" em="Microsoft_Windows" tgdb="PC" gb="94|PC">Microsoft [Applications]</Name>
   <Emu selected="Application shortcut">
      <Cmd hidden="false" name="Application shortcut" value="/C &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".lnk"/>
      <Cmd hidden="false" name="Application shortcut (force foreground) [Script]" value="/C &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".lnk"/>
      <Cmd hidden="false" name="Bat files" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bat"/>      
   </Emu>
</System>

- Save the file
- Open mGalaxy Runway and add a new "Microsoft [Applications]" system
- You should now find "Bat files" in the dropdown (to the left of the "Enable" checkbox)
- Set the Executable path to cmd.exe (C:\WINDOWS\system32)
- Set the rom folder to the folder containing all your .bat files
- Save, test..and report ;)

PS: the line to add could be (as posted):
<Cmd hidden="false" name="Bat files" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".bat"/>
(the "&quot;" code being actually the double quote sign that will surround the "path/file.ext" line...to tell you everything)
OR
<Cmd hidden="false" name="Bat files" value="%path\%file%ext" extensions=".bat"/>
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:35:04 PM by mgalaxy »

fumanchujr

Launching bat files
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 08:37:16 AM »
Hello,

I launch a lot of games with different emulators using bat files.
Is it possible to make a list of this bat files grouping them as a system, and launch them using mgalaxy?

Thanks for your help