Author Topic: A few questions—Response would be greatly appreciated  (Read 4076 times)

jmd

• Email
Re: A few questions—Response would be greatly appreciated
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:42:23 AM »
Also how do I make a database?
As stated in my previous message, there's a video on that topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn1Eec881fw

jzeitlerj

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
Thank you, my NES emulator now works great.  As far as the game names I don't have a checkbox that says use database if available.  Is that possibly not available in the v6.3?  Also how do I make a database?

jmd

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »
Are there instructions anywhere how to download and setup artwork so each game shows its cover?  Right now mine just has a box that says missing media.
There's a couple of handful tutorials there: https://www.youtube.com/user/mGalaxyFE

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »
To clean up name, you need to use database, you just need to make one, and check the checkbox "use database if available".

for JNES, I don't know this emulator, I m download it ATM. But I will answer on your other post.

jzeitlerj

• Email
A few questions—Response would be greatly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:48:51 PM »
Hi,

I stumbled upon mGalaxy last week while trying to setup my arcade.  It seems far and away better than any of the other several front ends I have tried.  I have a couple of issues and or questions.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am using v6.3 since for some reason 7.1 kept getting stuck in the now loading screen after I had it setup and working, I tried several times to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

First MAME and Project 64 work great in mGalaxy.  For some reason my NES emulator(JNES) will not close and go back to mGalaxy like the others.  It appears to run in background and freezes mGalaxy.  Once I can get out of mGalaxy all together I can then see JNES and the game I was playing.  I originally had a different NES emulator that was doing the same thing, which is why I tried JNES.  Any suggestions on getting JNES to just close like the other emulators do when you exit a game?

Is there any way to clean up the name of the roms in v6.3?  I know before I had issues v7.1 had an option to clean up the names of the roms.  Right now it is hard to tell what is what.  Ideally I could manually type the name I want to appear for each one but can’t change the name of the actual rom.

Are there instructions anywhere how to download and setup artwork so each game shows its cover?  Right now mine just has a box that says missing media.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.