Author Topic: Scraper issue  (Read 13791 times)

jmd

• Email
Re: Scraper issue
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
I don't think the error arises during CRC calculation, since some media files do get downloaded. Sometimes it keeps downloading for 10/15 minutes before stopping. Other times it hangs right away.
Oh! Ok, so you're able to scrape some media then it stops after a while (from the first message I thought that it didn't work at all!)
Just curious to know: in another post you're speaking of another frontend that you're using and that works "well"...what is this frontend and what is the source it scrapes from?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:45:02 AM by jmd »

vonblubba

• Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 12:43:16 PM »
Hi,

sure, I'll take all the help I can get :-)

I've already tried what JMD suggested, but to no avail. Error is still there.
I don't think the error arises during CRC calculation, since some media files do get downloaded. Sometimes it keeps downloading for 10/15 minutes before stopping. Other times it hangs right away.
I thought about network issues, but I checked every setting on my router and everything seems ok. I also have no other netrwork issue whatsoever with other programs/devices. Moreover, other scrapers from other frontends work just fine.

I really don't know what else to try here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 11:35:32 AM »
Hi there,
Just coming back from a short holiday time and I discover your thread.
You have to know that we do our very best to address all questions asked there. I simply was away for a few days and counted on some brave people here to help in the meantime.
So, if you're still willing to receive some help...it'll be my pleasure :)
I would first exactly recommend what was proposed by jmd!
Scraping media is achieved first by checking CRC of every file (to be sure that proper results are returned later). In the case of MAME, with thousand roms (of sometimes heavy weight) that could take some time on some system...but it will be worst if done by the network (even if we did never receive any complain on the subject)
May I please ask you to create a temp MAME folder with just a few (local) roms...and check how it's going?

jmd

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »
What a pity...you've waited 2 days and are ready to leave us (and the ease of use, great themes..) !? ;) Have you tested with local files, it's easy to test!?

vonblubba

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 05:01:05 AM »
Ok, unfortunately I've waited as long as I could to find a solution to the issue. Im' experiencing other minor problems, but there's no point in mentioning them, I suppose. Moving back to the "attract mode" frontend.
I consider the money I spent on mGalaxy as a kind of support to the arcade community as a whole, so that's ok. But add my name to the "unhappy customers" list for mGalaxy frontend (not because of the issues, those are expected in this kind of environment, but because my pleas for help went basically unanswered, and in my experience that's really unusual in a community as lively as the arcade one).

Thanks again to @jmd for the suggestions and see you around!

vonblubba

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 07:56:57 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that as soon as possible.
Personally I think that instead of trying things more or less at random it would be more useful to know how to enable/access the application log, so to at least have an idea about where to look for the issue.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 05:03:14 AM »
My system is a Windows 10, running mGalaxy 7.0.0.0. I'm trying to setup mame 0.193 with full romset. The rom files are on a network partition on my NAS, mounted as a network drive in windows 10.
Scraping MAME file works perfectly well with me (I know it won't help you ;) )...have you tried to run a test with local files (instead of network drive) to see how it gets and help the developer help you?

vonblubba

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:15:22 AM »
Tried both. Same issue.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:02:04 AM »
 Which option are you using to scrape in Runway: thegamesdb or screenscraper ?

vonblubba

• Email
Scraper issue
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 08:51:40 AM »
Ok, I'm re-posting this on the bugs section, since I got no answer whatsoever in the "need help" section. Maybe it will be picked up by devs sooner or later, who knows.

I'm trying to setup a mame-only system. I think I've done everything right, but during step 2 of db update (image/media scraping) I keep getting an "invalid parameter" error, followed by a "The database update has been stopped etc...". If I resume the update, it keeps running for a while, but then the errors show up again. It seems fairly random, I can't pinpoint any possible causes  :-\

Any idea what the cause may be, or where I can find some kind of log file?

My system is a Windows 10, running mGalaxy 7.0.0.0. I'm trying to setup mame 0.193 with full romset. The rom files are on a network partition on my NAS, mounted as a network drive in windows 10.