Author Topic: Small Update Wish for My Arcade Room Theme  (Read 4810 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Small Update Wish for My Arcade Room Theme
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
Interesting. So that Joust cabinet (and the rest of the background) are being rendered in real time by the program? Or is it a video filetype that just plays?
Rendered in real time.
That's why you can see the monitor lighting the arcade panel, why the ambiant sun light illuminates the scene accordingly to your actual time (and, did you know, your real long & lat position!!! yes!  ;) ), why the drop shadows are accurate, why In the MySNES theme for instance you can even change the point of view...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:11:45 PM by mgalaxy »

WishItWas1984

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »
If I could locate the art file, I'd blur it myself in Photoshop, but I can't.
As far as an official wish, perhaps a version with it blurred as a simple solution, and for something more interactive, a random static cabinet swap to change things up.
"Unfortunately" the background is not a bitmap file...but a real 3D scene (that's the reason why you can see so neat illumination changes when modifying the ambient light in the theme panel)

Interesting. So that Joust cabinet (and the rest of the background) are being rendered in real time by the program? Or is it a video filetype that just plays?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 01:38:30 AM »
As far as an official wish, perhaps a version with it blurred as a simple solution, and for something more interactive, a random static cabinet swap to change things up.
"Unfortunately" the background is not a bitmap file...but a real 3D scene (that's the reason why you can see so neat illumination changes when modifying the ambient light in the theme panel)

WishItWas1984

Small Update Wish for My Arcade Room Theme
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »
When the "My Arcade Room" theme came out, I thought I was completely satisfied, but over time there's one thing that bugs me a little bit with this theme.

It's the Joust cabinet.

I understand the theme is an old school arcade, and that's why I love it, but with that being the only "background" game in focus, it's a bit annoying to constantly have to see that same cabinet over and over when firing up mGalaxy and browsing games.