Author Topic: Disable update check / offline warning  (Read 4306 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Disable update check / offline warning
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »
To reproduce the issue take these steps (with default mgalaxy configuration):

Open mGalaxy
Open controls (Press C)
With arrows navigate "Launch game / (Interface) select"
Press ENTER to override default mappings (return)
Press Left control key on keyboard

Now the interface select button is Left control.

And now navigate any other function with keyboard (up / down arrows), and try to change mapped key with keyboard (press Left Control). If you do, Left Control is mapped to the selected function hotkey, and the select action is unmapped. Same happens, when you select Left Alt. After that, you can't change any futher hotkeys with keyboard, because the action hotkey is unmapped (but you can remap it with mouse).
Thanks again for  reporting the problem! The issue has been fixed and allowed me to extend the key mapping functionality: from now, it will be possible to map to a modifier key (that was already the case) and to map key combinations (L-Ctrl + A, for instance)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »
Understood! ;) Thanks for pointing this out to my attention, I'll have a look to this tomorrow!

voji

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »
To reproduce the issue take these steps (with default mgalaxy configuration):

Open mGalaxy
Open controls (Press C)
With arrows navigate "Launch game / (Interface) select"
Press ENTER to override default mappings (return)
Press Left control key on keyboard

Now the interface select button is Left control.

And now navigate any other function with keyboard (up / down arrows), and try to change mapped key with keyboard (press Left Control). If you do, Left Control is mapped to the selected function hotkey, and the select action is unmapped. Same happens, when you select Left Alt. After that, you can't change any futher hotkeys with keyboard, because the action hotkey is unmapped (but you can remap it with mouse).

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 04:55:39 AM »
I have a issue with key assigments too. I use jpac, and the player 1 button is    L-ctrl. So I map the L-ctrl key to default action. With L-ctrl action button, you not able to map any other button. When you press the L-ctrl action button on any other key assigments field, the field value is overwritten with L-ctrl, and action button is unmapped... Workaround: i use mouse to map buttons
Sorry but that's not that clear to me and I would like to understand.
You're mapping 'L-ctrl' to which action? Then do you mean that you want to map a key combination like 'L-ctrl + A' to another action...and that only 'L-ctrl' is mapped?

voji

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »
First of all, thank you for the quick reply, and the effort to create an ultimate game launcher!

I use mGalaxy on nanao ms9-29su arcade monitor, slightly above arcade standard resolution: 384x288.

The launcher is working, but I have some troubles.

- The game title names / image size is barely readable in these resolution, but i not able to enlarge it. I think, if I able to increase game title font/logo size the issue is resolved (this is the only serious issue currently, and I cannot find any workaround)
- The shutdown, controls, preferences menus right side is cropped, but usable (the viewport scrolling based on control selection). But the theme menu isn't usable, because the view not scrolling up or down when selecting offscreen control. Workaround: I attach a hi-res monitor, and change these settings...

I have a issue with key assigments too. I use jpac, and the player 1 button is    L-ctrl. So I map the L-ctrl key to default action. With L-ctrl action button, you not able to map any other button. When you press the L-ctrl action button on any other key assigments field, the field value is overwritten with L-ctrl, and action button is unmapped... Workaround: i use mouse to map buttons

mGalaxy in 384x288:
http://voji.hu/temp/mgalaxy/IMG_20190524_234812.jpg

In the middle of settings menu:
http://voji.hu/temp/mgalaxy/IMG_20190524_234848.jpg

The barely readable game title logo:
http://voji.hu/temp/mgalaxy/IMG_20190524_235039.jpg
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 05:23:54 PM by voji »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 06:28:39 AM »
Hi voji,
There's an 'advanced' way to hide some notifications :) This won't hide the 'Checking for update' message...but the notification
Go to the mGalaxy folder > Data > Preferences.xml
Open this file with a text editor, then locate this line:
Code: [Select]
<advanced_hidenotifications>false</advanced_hidenotifications>...and change the value to 'true'
Code: [Select]
<advanced_hidenotifications>true</advanced_hidenotifications>
Thanks for being a Premium user by the way :)

PS: are you running mGalaxy under a 800x600 resolution..or even lower?
Is there some request or remarks you would like to submit about the usability/readability under those resolution?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:33:48 AM by mgalaxy »

voji

• Email
Disable update check / offline warning
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 04:50:00 AM »
Hello,

I plan to mGalaxy launcher on my mame arcade cabinet. The cab is not connected the internet, and used only for play arcade roms. When mGalaxy starts, every time try to check updates (it's 3-5 sec in cold start), and display a warning, there is no internet connection. Because I use mGalaxy in standard arcade resolution, these warning cover the large part of a screen.

There is any way to configure mGalaxy stop check updates at startup, and disable the offline warning?

So my arcade system startup looks like this:

Best,
Pal