Author Topic: Console/device inspired themes  (Read 4922 times)

turtleblizzard

Re: Console/device inspired themes
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »
Uuh wow that's really fast. I'm in no rush, I was just thinking maybe one day could pop up

I'm meaning stuff like this https://gunnar.com/sony-unveils-20th-anniversary-ps4-it-looks-like-a-ps1-you-want-it/
and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxWcO0oQgfw
Consoles, controllers and themes that try mimic old classics

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Console/device inspired themes
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 06:43:17 AM »
Hi turtleblizzard,
You'll be happy to learn that I have been working  lately on what you're requesting! :)...and indeed, yes, with the next version you'll be able to choose your background/background light/screen/list... colors.
I would ask you a little more patience and you'll get exactly what you want! ;)

The PSX-grey-retro things for PS4
Could you post a screenshot..I can't see what you're referring to!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:18:47 PM by mgalaxy »

turtleblizzard

Console/device inspired themes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:36 AM »
Hello there.
Since all systems can use different themes now, I was thinking would it make sense to have themes with device-like color schemes? I like the simplicity of the normal blue/brown themes, but just maybe it would be nice to have something more recognizable.

Like Gamecube emulator with purple/indigo background color, grey picture frame, c-stick yellow game select text frame and a-button green text.
Or Xbox games (or more like Windows system with Xbox games) could have black background with neon-green picture frame and text
Or Famicom/NES with white background and redwine-red frames and text frames
And so on. Even for PC could be something black/grey like the cases usually are.
The generally gray/black SNES, PSXs and whatnot might be lil tougher but I guess even those have subtle differences at least in button colors. I'm sure not all million systems can have their own version but is an idea

The PSX-grey-retro things for PS4 always sell like hotcakes