Author Topic: mouse/trackball works in MAME and WindowsXP but not mGalaxy  (Read 5007 times)

kdc914

SOLVED: mouse/trackball works in MAME and WindowsXP but not mGalaxy
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »
Problem solved.  Bad MAME32 install reset all configuration settings to default every time I exited the program.  Reinstalling that seems, for the moment at least, to have resolved everything.  I DO have my trackball working in both MAME32 and in mGalaxy.

THIS issue is now resolved.  I will start a new thread with another issue (significantly less severe, thankfully).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:30:00 AM by mgalaxy »

kdc914

mouse/trackball works in MAME and WindowsXP but not mGalaxy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:26:31 PM »
OldSkool needs a bit of help.  I am most definitely not a MAME newb.  However, I am relatively new to running it on Windows and VERY new to Windows front ends like mGalaxy.  I formerly ran ArcadeOS over DOS until my old Ultimarc ipac died.  When I upgraded to the newer USB version, I had to retire my old DOS MAME PC and move to Windows so I could continue to use trackball and spinner - never could get a DOS USB driver to work those.  If anyone has any ideas for that, I'd love to hear them but that's not the main reason for my post.

I have a spare XP PC that will be perfect for this.  I have the right version of MAME32 for my roms (0.83 I think.  Pretty ancient).  Mouse and arcade trackball work in windows and mame32 but not in mGalaxy.

What am I doing wrong?  In theory, mame32 should be defining controls.  I have that setup correctly because, as mentioned, mouse and trackball work in that when running directly instead of through mGalaxy.  Is there an incompatibility with my ancient version of mame32?  Do I need a separate mouse driver beyond the generic USB one built into Windows?  Do I need XP SP3?  PC recovery disk put it at SP2 and I saw no need to upgrade beyond dot.net 4 and a few other things needed to make mame and mGalaxy install correctly.  This PC serves one purpose only and won't ever touch the internet except when I have to perform a software install or upgrade that can't be done via flash drive.