Author Topic: Controlling Mgalaxy with arcade controls  (Read 11620 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Controlling Mgalaxy with arcade controls
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 11:25:22 AM »
Favourites do not seem to save on shut down, they assign ok to the favourites tab but when restarted they have all disappeared.
Where did you chose to install the mGalaxy data folder? Is it in the default folder...or would you have installed it inside the mGalaxy folder in Program Files ? (if so, this is an authorization problem, you will have to run mGalaxy with administrator rights)
Instead of using favourites, I tried deleting the roms from the folder but for some strange reason they still show up in mgalaxy (obviously they won't load as the roms not there) I have tried re-doing the database but it doesn't make any difference.
If you've chosen to use a database, make sure that "Use database" is checked in mGalaxy_Runway.
In any ways, you'll have to check the "Show available roms only" in the mGalaxy menu window to ensure that mGalaxy will only show you..available roms ;-)

SteveSJB

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
Hi, Many thanks for all your help.

Finally got it working using JoyToKey (thank you rash2236).

A couple of other quick questions:-

1. Favourites do not seem to save on shut down, they assign ok to the favourites tab but when restarted they have all disappeared.

2. Instead of using favourites, I tried deleting the roms from the folder but for some strange reason they still show up in mgalaxy (obviously they won't load as the roms not there) I have tried re-doing the database but it doesn't make any difference.

Many thanks as always

-Steve

jmd

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
I have a 8€-zero-delay-usb-encoder-thingy in my mGalaxy bartop cabinet
Just curious..could you post a link to this encoder?

Luikuri

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »
I have a 8€-zero-delay-usb-encoder-thingy in my mGalaxy bartop cabinet and it works fine with JoyToKey. Its easy to set up, just make sure it launches (minimized) when Windows boots. I couldn't get my head round x360ce.

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 11:27:02 AM »
Witch one controller have you ?
If windows reconize it at joypad you can use too X360CE https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

rash2236

• only arcade game
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
mGalaxy_runway only works with the xbox360 pad try use xpadder, MotioninJoy or JoyToKey

SteveSJB

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »
Thanks for the response

I'm using a control board I bought off ebay, windows recognises it and I can configure the controls with MAME, but when I use mgalaxy runway, it wont accept any joystick or button inputs when I try and configure them.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »
Hi Steve,

I assume that you're using a keyboard encoder (like an I-Pac)!?
mGalaxy works with it.
You can configure the key mapping (if needed) with mGalaxy_runway.

Hope it'll help!

SteveSJB

• Email
Controlling Mgalaxy with arcade controls
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
Hi All,

Forgive me if this has already been answered, I did have a quick look and a search but couldn't find it.

Just trying to control mgalaxy with my arcade controls, they work fine in MAME so i'm sure its something i'm not doing correctly.

Many thanks for the help

-Steve