Author Topic: Hello Folks!  (Read 6935 times)

Aeliss

Re: Hello Folks!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
You have the numbers of player in yours databases  ?
I m searching database with essentially that ATM, and they are too rare.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »
That sounds very cool!
I'm really impatient to see it in action...don't hesitate to get in touch with me if I can help in any way that I can!

PS: I understand that the name will come from the no-intro.dat!? Where will the genre or number of players info will come from?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:30:48 AM by mgalaxy »

rain

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:46:19 AM »
Well, yes & no ~ since we are allowed to name names yes I am referring to HyperSpin databases.  However, all of the databases on HyperList are way out of date.  I am an official developer for HyperSpin and am programming a new HyperList version (which is why I came here.)  What I basically am programming now is an automated utility called HyperList (no, this is not a plug as HyperSpin is not actively being developed anymore) which is an automated way users can manage their video gaming databases.  The information brought down from HyperList is updated everyday & HyperList is a PUSH service which will ensure that every database is always kept up to date with the newest NO-INTRO sets.

It was my original intention to include into HyperList the mGalaxy database format, that way users can easily update their databases.  Now, keep in mind HyperList is a freeware application and since I am actively searching for a new frontend in preparation for my departure from the HyperSpin community and I think that out of the other frontends out there mGalaxy is the most promising.  I have used GameEx (which is too heavy IMO) and am very good acquaintances and all the other frontends out there and find myself using this frontend more so than the rest.

Inasmuch, with my retiring from the HyperSpin community (due to time constraints and other obligations) I am essentially just looking for a place to hang my hat and focus on what matters most, playing the games that I love.

So in a small nutshell -> HyperList = updated databases, daily, open web API ASPX, unlimited filtering, dynamic generation and is my final gift to the community in preporation for my retirement from the world of frontend development.  Keep in mind that I am not plugging any branded software or nothing that would take away from any frontend, but I am always looking for a way to better manage my video gaming frontends and the content therein.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:21 AM »
Hello Rain,

Thanks very much for your kind words! Receiving that kind of feedback is my reward on a project like this, and your is really appreciated!

I'm a little puzzled by your database converter ;-)
What kind of database does it work with? Would you please give me more info...or even send me a copy at info at mgalaxy.com?. I already have an utility sent by another mGalaxy user that converts Hyperspin databases to the mGalaxy format, is it the same?

Thanks again for taking time to give me your precious feedback...and welcome to the users community!!!

rain

• Email
Hello Folks!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 02:48:42 AM »
First off allow me to say thank you to the creators of this software.  I have been in the "frontend business" for many years now and know personally how tedious and complex they are to program.  I downloaded the application, ran it and fell in love with it.  Unlike the some of the other frontend video gaming systems, I like mGalaxy for its simplistic yet efficient design, which is only further accented by its easy to setup environment. 

I felt as though I had any other option rather than to donate to this frontend system (which is rare for me, since I do not hand money out easily.)  However, in this case the cause was more than justifiable and for $8 I scored a beautiful blue theme, which I am loving.  I just wanted to say that if anybody ever needs anything, such as a little program created or what have you then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Since I have been playing with mGalaxy I have already programmed a nifty little database converter/creator that will allow the use of my other frontend databases for mGalaxy.  Keep up the good works sirs, I am loving this application!

-Rain