Author Topic: Database panel info...  (Read 9242 times)

dashingw

• Email
Re: Database panel info...
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 06:57:37 PM »
And maybe I worded that wrong, not a database but you can download all the panels, cabinets, snaps, videos etc... For the Mame Roms so it would be nice to have a side panel to display them in...

jmd

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 04:51:32 AM »
Fair enough, but could there not be away where we could point this at a folder rather than the internet to get its information. All this info can also be downloaded from emumovies...
Where can you find games database on emumovies please?

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 04:10:05 PM »
Fair enough, but could there not be away where we could point this at a folder rather than the internet to get its information. All this info can also be downloaded from emumovies...

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »
This is the name as displayed (so, if you're using a database, the real name) that is submitted to the internet database.
The fact is that ‘thegamesdb.net’ is not that efficient on arcade games. That is far better with console games!

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »
I am already using a Mame database with " real" names but there are still I think way too many errors for the gamesdb to be looking at these names....I figured its still looking at the actual names in the ROM folder or am I wrong ??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:53:51 PM by mgalaxy »

sniffmyface

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
Any way of making the panel default on when starting mGalaxy please?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
OK I guess there is no real good way to have this database panel work well with Mame though because its looking at a lot of ROM names that it won't make sense of like "bubobl". Is there a way to help this as far as Mame goes ??

You absolutely have to take a look at 'Using Databases' on the http://www.mgalaxy.com/tutorial_mGalaxy.html page

Since the first mGalaxy version users are able to browse their Mame games with the 'real' name displayed by using a database.

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:05:34 PM »
OK I guess there is no real good way to have this database panel work well with Mame though because its looking at a lot of ROM names that it won't make sense of like "bubobl". Is there a way to help this as far as Mame goes ??

And if there isn't a way, it would be nice to see even just a picture of the cabinet in mame on
 that side of the screen seeing as how there is a Cabinet folder in Mame and the cabinets are downloadable and they should match up to the ROM names just as the snaps do. .. :-)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:59:55 PM by dashingw »

sniffmyface

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 06:37:44 AM »
Thanks for that. I'll make sure my names match to make it as accurate as possible.

Is there a way to make the info panel stay on as default, as it seems i have to turn it on each time i start mGalaxy? It looks good at the side of the wide screen theme i purchased.

Thanks again.

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 07:55:48 PM »
Thank you, did not know this :-)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »
Game database panel (requires an internet connection): pressing the dedicated key (default key is ‘w’) will show/hide a side panel with game info such as: box picture, description, co-op info, players info, release date and game genre. This panel can be left open while browsing your game list.
(The data is provided by ‘thegamesdb.net’. Its accuracy relies on name matching between your game name and games names in their database…so, mismatch errors are possible!)

Taken from 'Version History' file. This file can be found in your mGalaxy folder (mg_history.rtf) or on the internet 'Version History' page (the link is just under the big 'Download' button)

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »
OK is this something I'm missing ?? How do you bring this up ???

sniffmyface

Database panel info...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »
Hi there.

mGalaxy noob here as i have only just found it having become completely fed up with Hyperspin's lack of development. Got to say i wish i had found it years ago as it would have saved me so much time and effort!!

I'm in the middle of configuring it to my tastes with all my systems. I really like the "Database panel" that can be brought up displaying game information, but it isn't always correct. Where is mGalaxy getting this information from and is it something i can add to and edit?