Author Topic: Question about favorites folders  (Read 7043 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Question about favorites folders
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 04:22:33 AM »
Is version 6 the one that will change in the marquee? I noticed in the runway there was a link to add extra media that I set to my marquee folder but I only currently have the default. Guess I will need yo become a supporter to find out LOL.
Yes, mGalaxy v6 will be the first version to accept themes with extra media elements (like a marquee for an Arcade theme or a game box for a Vintage TV set (to come))

pritch33

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 08:49:28 PM »
Thanks for the beta. :D
 I did get a fatal error pop up very quickly but disappeared before I could figure out what it was, only happened the once on opening mGalaxy. all worked fine though. could have just been my pc also.

Ok a little different than I am used to but it does what I want without probs. I created 2 Mame sets, renamed 1 of them to Mame shooters and added what I wanted to the  favourites folder and set that to the default opening so my gun games come up.

Is there an admin setting to disable making changes somewhere I am missing I am concerned that it is so easy to make changes that anybody could easily add or remove games from favorites list or alter settings in the control panel. Have a few kids that play and if they find something to play/adjust with, they will.

Is version 6 the one that will change in the marquee? I noticed in the runway there was a link to add extra media that I set to my marquee folder but I only currently have the default. Guess I will need yo become a supporter to find out LOL.

All in all nice frontend and I will be changing my cab over to it for full testing, currently testing on my media PC.

Thanks
Ray

pritch33

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »
Does this allow for the game marquees to be displayed or is it just the Mgalaxy marquee? 
You're very lucky  ;)...there too there is an update coming with the next version..please see this thread:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=741.0

Send me a personal message containing an email where I can send you the beta version please.

PM sent thanks.
Your 1 step ahead of me LOL .

Ray
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:09:03 AM by mgalaxy »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 05:59:20 PM »
Does this allow for the game marquees to be displayed or is it just the Mgalaxy marquee? 
You're very lucky  ;)...there too there is an update coming with the next version..please see this thread:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=741.0

Send me a personal message containing an email where I can send you the beta version please.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:08:53 AM by mgalaxy »

pritch33

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »
With the current version of mGalaxy you're indeed allowed to filter games on genre and set a unique favorites list...and that's all
BUT with the new mGalaxy version to come you'll be allowed to create any instance of a game system thus allowing you for instance to create a Mame Shooters system and a Mame Fighters system. Each with their own executable, rom path, favorites, etc...
I think that this is what you're looking for!?
If you will I can send you a beta version so that you can check if it meets your needs!?

Mgalaxy thanks for the quick reply. If you could send a beta that would be great as I would love to try the new feature. So far the frontend plays well with Mame 0.160 using a no nag verion of Mameuifx. I also have one more question. I have noticed a theme with an arcade cabinet, Does this allow for the game marquees to be displayed or is it just the Mgalaxy marquee? 
Thanks again
Ray

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:23:43 AM »
With the current version of mGalaxy you're indeed allowed to filter games on genre and set a unique favorites list...and that's all
BUT with the new mGalaxy version to come you'll be allowed to create any instance of a game system thus allowing you for instance to create a Mame Shooters system and a Mame Fighters system. Each with their own executable, rom path, favorites, etc...
I think that this is what you're looking for!?
If you will I can send you a beta version so that you can check if it meets your needs!?

pritch33

Question about favorites folders
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 03:58:16 AM »
Ok first of Hi.
I have been a long time user of Maximus arcade but am running into problems with latest versions of Mame being compatible so it might be time to look for something else? So giving mGalaxy a run.

Ok so in Maximus I was able to set up several folders under Mame, All games, favourite's, shooters and fighters. Am I able to do the same in mGalaxy? I do see that it has some settings for genre but have not got that far yet and would prefer to create my own lists.

Thanks
Ray