Author Topic: mGalaxy shows whole GamersDB & Execute Mame with arguments  (Read 4823 times)

Hoekynl

Re: mGalaxy shows whole GamersDB & Execute Mame with arguments
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:02:34 AM »
Concerning the ddraw video mode: I don't have a pc here so I can't tell about the command line...but you should/could set the video mode in the 'mame.ini' settings file itself! See if this file exists in your mame folder (if not, check on google how to create a new one) and edit the video mode settings inside it!
Ok I got that working by adding
video                        ddraw under the video options in the mame.ini file.

BUt when i update the database like in the video, i get 8400+ games in the list, while i only have 500 in the rom folder

//EDIT
IT worked! "Available ROms Only" was off in the memu of mGalaxy, it's good now. THanks!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:17:58 AM by Hoekynl »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 02:36:21 AM »
Concerning the ddraw video mode: I don't have a pc here so I can't tell about the command line...but you should/could set the video mode in the 'mame.ini' settings file itself! See if this file exists in your mame folder (if not, check on google how to create a new one) and edit the video mode settings inside it!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:05 AM »
Hi,
You don't have to bother of any options when creating a DB for mame (like selecting TheGamesDB' server)...the database is parsed from mame itself!
See our video tutorial for complete understanding of the process: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=takoZr8eXJU
You will then hide non-available roms from within mGalaxy itself > Preferences menu > Show available roms only

Hoekynl

mGalaxy shows whole GamersDB & Execute Mame with arguments
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 05:36:07 PM »
Hello mGalaxy,
I'm currently working on a arcade machine on school. I currently have it all working but I wanted to remove the ugly *.zip names, so I updated the database. The whole list is showing (after downgrading to 1.59 or 1.64) which is ofcourse not good. I went to DB-Update, selected GamersDB, and checked "Remove ref. to missing roms" yet it is still showing all the roms which I don't own.

I also need to run Mame with -video ddraw because else it will crash at a black screen, how can I add this? if i add it to the .exe argument it says the path isn't correct.
If it all  works, I will ask them if they can buy a license :D

Regards, Hoekynl