Author Topic: Portrait / Vertical mode for cocktail cabs?  (Read 6873 times)

jeremy

Re: Portrait / Vertical mode for cocktail cabs?
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 01:30:31 AM »
There's a 4.2 Beta version floating around, so if you want you can download and test it:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/other/mGalaxy_Setup.exe

Super awesome! Thanks so much!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 02:41:50 PM »
No Aeliss, this is not a portable version and, that's right, the previous 'system.xml' file would be overwritten.

I remind you that there's an "Export" button in mGalaxy_Runway. This will pack all your mGalaxy settings in an auto-extractable .zip file. You could then try the new version, make some tests, then un-install it and re-install the previous one. Then a double-click on the .zip file would restore your "old" settings.

The 'system.xml' file is overwritten when new major functionalities are added (such as database support for all systems, coming with the new version).
I'll try to work on an updating function of that file in the future...but in the meanwhile I could just advice you to save your "old" 'system.xml' file in a safe place, then do copy/paste between versions!

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
The beta 4.2 is portable version or not ?
I don't want to overwrite the version 4.1 just to make a test  :-\

And after overwrite the beta with the final version, now I know the config file will not be the same....

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 03:14:13 AM »
Jeremy,

Yes, that right, the next version of mGalaxy is vertical mode friendly!
I'm speaking of v4.2 which was about to be released a few weeks ago. In the meanwhile, I was asked to add database support for each systems and Xbox 360 controller support.
So, I suspended the v4.2 release, worked on those new functionalities, and plan to release it under a v4.5 or even v5.0 version.

There's a 4.2 Beta version floating around, so if you want you can download and test it:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/other/mGalaxy_Setup.exe

jeremy

Portrait / Vertical mode for cocktail cabs?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »
Through searching the forums, I've noticed a few mentions from earlier in the year of an upcoming version which supports Portrait / Vertical mode, however I can't seem to find support for this in the latest release.

Am I missing something, or is it not supported yet?

Thanks!