Author Topic: keyboard and mouse problem  (Read 6374 times)

Aeliss

Re: keyboard and mouse problem
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
If you don't use special application with delay option take a look here, you can find some tips to delay mGalaxy loading

http://superuser.com/questions/239749/delay-windows-programs-launching-at-boot

grey_nold

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the late reply. Christmas and and ACL surgery have kept me pretty busy. I have actually setup the auto login of a specific user  to load mgalaxy as the default application instead of explorer using the top answer in the below link.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22750670/kiosks-in-windows-8-running-regular-software-non-windows-store-app

There are still a bunch of background processes running, but only mgalaxy is running otherwise. if you quit out of mgalaxy, you are left with a black screen since nothing else is running. You can still ctrl alt delete and restart, or check task manager, but windows in no longer loading unless I specifically run explorer.

cpasjuste

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 03:55:42 AM »
Hi,

To solve your problem you can try the part "13" of the following tutorial (working for windows 7 at least) : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=113896.0

Note that you won't have windows explorer running in the background anymore so if you want to use windows you'll have to go to task manager (Ctrl alt supp) then execute "explorer".

Aeliss

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »
How you start automaticaly mGalaxy ?
Do you use a special application or bat file ?
If you use a script try to delay the mgalaxy startup.

grey_nold

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
I am having the exact same issue. I have tried a bunch of options with no luck. Your patch doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately. I have also tried using some scripts in the background to emulate a mouse click with no luck. I'm at a loss right now :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 11:02:52 AM »
Could you try with that version and tell me if it works better? (simply unzip and replace files in mGalaxy folder)
http://www.mgalaxy.com/other/mGalaxy.zip

Qubie

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:25:45 AM »
Thanks for the reply
I don't think anything else is starting up
The pc was set up with windows xp only, no anti virus no anything realy
But that doesn't mean to say that windows is not trying to do something
I did try another front end and that was fine, came on and keyboard works fine
But I don't want another 1, I like mgalaxy

Will take a look when I get home
Cheers

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:23 PM »
Sounds like there is something else in start up that is taking the focus away from the mGalaxy screen until you click the mouse to regain focus. Is there another window open behind mGalaxy that you can see ?? Like file explorere, a video window, internet page. I know when I boot my computer in the mornings, I have a little pop up window down in the corner thats tell me Anti-spyware missed a scheduled scan and wants to do one (because the PC was off at the scheduled time). Anything like that can take the focus away from mGalaxy...

I suggest clicking the mouse and when you can start selecting things in mGalaxy, shut down the program and see if theres any windows open....

Qubie

• Email
keyboard and mouse problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
Hi Guys hope someone can shed some light on the problem that i have

I have mgalaxy in windows startup so when i switch on computer, windows starts and mgalaxy starts to run
the problem i have is that i cant use any buttons on my cabinet or any buttons on my keyboard until i press the left mouse button then everything works fine, at the minute i have to open my cabinet press the mouse and then close it up again and as long as i dont switch off the system runs fine

has anyone had this problem or know of a solution.

Many thanks in advance