Author Topic: scummvm + other newb questions :)  (Read 10756 times)

razorfx

Re: scummvm + other newb questions :)
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »
k i got it.... files had to be in png format...not jpg! thx :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:27:02 PM by razorfx »

Aeliss

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:23 AM »
You mean as screenshot ?

razorfx

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »
how do i have to rename the cover jpg-files to show them in the preview window?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
Exactly..you'll find this in the next version (to be released in a few days!!)

retroblade

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
Hi mgalaxy, I've just given this a go, and yes the shortcuts are created! Great - that's a much easier method  8). I guess the option to browse to 'Scummvm' in the runway and activate it from there will be added in a later update, as it is currently not available to me in the version I'm using (v5.2)?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
Surely a little bit too late for you Retroblade but I've just finished to write a little utility intended to automatically create shortcuts for ScummVM !
This system is officially added to mGalaxy supported systems.

Here's the text that has been added to the 'Emulators help' page on the website:
ScummVM:
Use 'cmd.exe' (or a copy of it) as 'emulator' (it is located in Windows > system32).
Your 'roms' will be the shortcuts to your games and we're going to use an mGalaxy utility application to create them.

Launch 'scummvm.exe' and add games to it then quit.
Download 'ScummVM shortcut generator.exe' here
Launch 'ScummVM shortcut generator.exe', pick path to the ScummVM application then choose the destination folder for the shortcuts to be created (this can be the same folder as your ScummVM games folder)
Click 'Create shortcut files'...your shortcuts are now created.

Launch mGalaxy_Runway, browse to 'ScummVM', check the 'Activated' checkbox.
Click the 'App path' button and select the 'cmd.exe' application.
Click the 'Rom path' button and select the folder you chose in the previous step to save your shortcuts.
Click the 'Save' button...you're ready to play!!

You can download this utility there...and give me a feedback on it if you will!
http://www.mgalaxy.com/downloads/ScummVM shortcut generator.zip
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:17:09 PM by mgalaxy »

retroblade

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 04:16:37 AM »
Sorry Aeliss I'm not sure what you mean? I'm using the supporters theme so the background image changes to which game is selected. This is working fine for scummvm too. happy days!  8)

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
Nice ^^

But, there is a functionnality to change the background according to the choosen system ?

retroblade

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:51:07 PM »
Hi Aeliss

Just thought I'd pass on my gratitude for your suggestion for scummvm. I've now got it working exactly as you suggested. I am able to select the rom from within mgalaxy and it launches it full screen  :D

If anyone would like to give it a try you need to create a batch file with the example code below (for Monkey Island):

"C:\Emu prog files\scummvm\scummvm.exe" -f -p "c:\Emulation\Scummvm\ROMS\MONKEY1" monkey

for Broken Sword:

"C:\Emu prog files\scummvm\scummvm.exe" -f -p "c:\Emulation\Scummvm\ROMS\Broken Sword" sword1

etc, etc, etc

set the app path to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe
set the rom path to a shortcut pointing to the relevant batch file

screenshot attached!

thanks again
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:57:45 PM by retroblade »

retroblade

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 03:00:52 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Aeliss. I will certainly play around with scummvm to see if I can get it running and post back on here. As for NullDC, I have to be honest and say no, I'm not using a script  :-[

I will give it another try, hopefully that is all it is!

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:52:16 AM »
1 - Not tried (for me) but it s possible scumm work with commandline, the problem is for rom, I see 2 possibilities with autoit script or in using the PC launcher and make 1 bat file by game like

Code: [Select]
C:\Emulateurs\ScummVM\scummvm.exe monkeyRename this bat "Monkey Island 1.bat" and use this bat file as rom.

2 - Are you using the script ? http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=431.0 ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:20:53 PM by Aeliss »

retroblade

• Email
scummvm + other newb questions :)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
Hi all

Had great fun configuring mgalaxy for the past few days but I have 3 questions which would be great if someone could shed some light on:

1. Has anyone tried to get scummvm launched via mgalaxy? Would anyone know if it is possible to launch the .exe file from within mgalaxy? It doesn't have to integrate with it, just be able to launch it would be great, (without having to close down mgalaxy first).

2. I'm struggling with NullDC. I can launch games fine if I launch the NullDC exe and manually load the image, but I'm not being able to get NullDC to work thru mgalaxy. When I launch a game the mgalaxy music stops and freezes. If I kill the nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe process mgalaxy starts responding again. Has anyone encountered this issue b4?

3. The 16/9 supporters edition theme's 2 windows aren't center justified, I guess there is a good reason for it, just curious really if its by design?

Everything else works like a dream and I'm really pleased to have found a home for all my ROMS :)

Be great to hear from other fans on here....

Steve
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:39:08 PM by retroblade »