Author Topic: Creating a PC Engine CD Base System  (Read 5346 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Creating a PC Engine CD Base System
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 04:22:20 AM »
Hi DLOL,

Thanks for sharing ! This system is added to mGalaxy !
I join the 'official' icon in case you don't have one!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:31:30 AM by mgalaxy »

dlol

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:43:44 PM »
That's weird, when I tested it earlier today, I had the impression that mGalaxy didn't found valid files inside subfolders.
I tested again, and it actually works now. My fault, probably. :-[  Anyway, problem solved!

While we are here, these are the system data for PC Engine CD. It might be useful for future versions of mGalaxy.
Code: (xml) [Select]
<System type="Console">
<Name em="NEC_PC_Engine_CD" tgdb="TurboGrafx CD" gb="53|TGCD">NEC PC Engine CD</Name>
<Emu selected="0">
<Cmd id="0" hidden="false" name="MagicEngine" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
<Cmd id="1" hidden="false" name="Mednafen" value="-fs 1 -sound.volume %volume(0,100) &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
<Cmd id="2" hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
</Emu>
<Extensions>.cue</Extensions>
</System>

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »
I will try to help tomorrow (the time to collect needed files for that system that I don't know)

In the meantime I can reply to your question:
Afaik, mGalaxy doesn't support subfolder search, is that right? (Please correct me if I'm wrong, this would make things so much easier)
No, that's wrong! mGalaxy does support recursive folder browsing! (that means that each sub-folder is scanned and valid files added!!)

dlol

Creating a PC Engine CD Base System
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
Hi, I have some PCECD backups that I would like to add to mGalaxy, so I tried to create a base system entry for the PC Engine CD. I have stumbled upon some difficulties, however.

Most PCE CD games are comprised of a multitude of .bin and .cue files, and as such, having many games in one folder can be quite messy. So obviously, I keep each game in a separate folder.

So the overall structure is like this:

PCECD Games/Game1/Game1.cue
PCECD Games/Game2/Game2.cue
etc.
Afaik, mGalaxy doesn't support subfolder search, is that right? (Please correct me if I'm wrong, this would make things so much easier)

To solve this problem, I tried something a bit unorthodox. I copied my . cue files to the main PCECD Games Folder, like this:

PCECD Games/Game1.cue
PCECD Games/Game1/Game1.cue
PCECD Games/Game2.cue
PCECD Games/Game2/Game2.cue
etc.

So there's a copy .cue file for each game, serving as an "index".

And in the Base Systems.xml, in the cmd value attribute for Retroarch, instead of the usual:
<Cmd id="2" hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
 I wrote:

<Cmd id="2" hidden="true" name="RetroArch [mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll]" value="-f -L cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll &quot;%path\%file\%file%ext&quot;"/>(With an extra\%file\)

So, in my naive mind, in the mGalaxy menu, you would select the "index" .cue file, but Retroarch would load the right .cue file, the one inside the game folder.
However, Retroarch crashes when I do this, so I'm out of options.

Does anyone know a good way to do this?