Author Topic: Raine and NEOGEO CD Isos  (Read 6277 times)

Aeliss

Re: Raine and NEOGEO CD Isos
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 04:16:38 AM »
You want to combine NeoGeo CD system and arcade System ?
Yes all is possible with script, but It's not made for, the 2 system doesn't use same command line.

reaperke

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
Ok, so I know what's happening.

I was hoping both systems would run under Multi System Arcade Raine as they both have the same emulator, clearly have to configure Neo CD as a different system, NeoRAINE old raine) name confused me, shame.

Anyway is there a way to combine the two in one?

reaperke

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:29:04 AM »
It seems I was unclear.

I changed my usersystems.xml so that runway we look for cue files as well in relation to raine, this work and it succefully picked up the files while generating my game database.

I've added the cue files indeed and I'm trying to run from the cue file, runway marks roms found in dbedit.

However when I go into mgalaxy and select the game in question nothing happens, no "launching game" it just sits there.

It feels as if the cue files are looked at as a text entry instead of a link to the game

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »
Strange, this system works natively in mGalaxy, without any modification, perhaps I have already updated my version.
But you need to load with the *.cue never the *.iso (never the *.bin in reality, *.iso don't need *.cue)

Why ?
Because in the *.cue file you will have all the files
Code: [Select]
CATALOG 4949830010024
FILE "Crossed Swords (1994)(ADK)(Jp)(Track 01 of 27)[!].iso" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Crossed Swords (1994)(ADK)(Jp)(Track 02 of 27)[!].wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO

You can run it with the *.iso, but you will have problems, like strange crash or no music.

Have you full *.iso with no *.cue file ? Because in reality it s *.iso or *.cue+*.bin. On my system I have *.cue+*.iso so > *.cue.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:17:42 AM by Aeliss »

reaperke

Raine and NEOGEO CD Isos
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 05:40:57 PM »
Hi,

As I was tired of the choppy neogeo performance of FBA I recently switched to Raine.

Runs better in every way, except with street hoops :-( but I'm looking mostly to find a way to have mgalaxy run the few neogeo cd isos I have as well.

Adding .cue files to usersystems.xml and updating my database has worked really well, mgalaxy just refuses to launch raine when clicking the iso, anything I can do about this?

Thanks

Gr.
Koen