Author Topic: Can't figure out how to download images/videos etc.  (Read 5863 times)

jmd

• Email
Re: Can't figure out how to download images/videos etc.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »
Great! mGalaxy is doing his job nicely...the problems come from the server which are somtimes off or running very slowly!

Spacemutiny

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:31:02 PM »
It is working now!  With the first server it would stop and the button would go back to saying "Update".  With Screenscraper it paused and I just left it, and now it is slowly downloading everything.  Will probably be running overnight to grab all of it!  But seems to be going now.  Thanks!

jmd

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 02:30:38 PM »
I know that it won't help you but I've run tests (using Screenscraper as server source, TheGamesDB is not the best source for Mame!) and everything is working nicely (thousands of snaps, logos and movies downloaded successfully)

How many games do you see listed for MAME in the "DB Edit" tab of mGalaxy? Can you see that they do have a proper "description" name (that the 'real name' is displayed) ?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:33:59 PM by jmd »

Spacemutiny

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
Thank you for the response.  I set up folders for all of these items in my mame directory, and assigned those directories.  I did the update procedure using both the available servers in the drop down menu and it did scan through all the roms as in the video, but I still don't have any info show up when I load the program :(

UPDATE: Using Screengrabber and running it again, I do some screenshot and videos in the folders I set up, but only for about 5 games out of the thousands of roms I have in Mame.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:54:14 AM by Spacemutiny »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 03:57:34 AM »
Hi Spacemutiny and thanks for your support!

Please have a look at this topic to understand the "order" in which you should set up your Mame datatabase:
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=991.msg4184#msg4184

First, generate a MAME specific database (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=takoZr8eXJU).
This will give you the 'real name' for the rom file.

Once you have the 'real name', get additional data (overview, snap, marquee..for 'TheGamesDB', the same PLUS movie for 'ScreenScraper') by updating on webservers! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn1Eec881fw)

Hope it'll help! Don't hesitate to come back and report your progress!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:59:12 AM by mgalaxy »

Spacemutiny

Can't figure out how to download images/videos etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 06:22:06 PM »
Hello!  I just registered for the full version of the program.  I am using it with the latest version of Mame.  I try to follow the instructions to update the database, and I seem to only get the name and year of the roms.  Does this software help you to download the screenshots and videos that play in the game selection screen?  I have tried updating the database per the instructions on the website but in the list of games it just says "missing image" for all the roms. 

I could use some guidance.  Thanks!