Author Topic: Joystick not working on MAME from mGalaxy  (Read 6620 times)

BHParker

Re: Joystick not working on MAME from mGalaxy
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 08:00:26 AM »
Hi! Thanks for the help, it's already working :D

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »
Hi and welcome BHParker,

Open the 'Data' folder > 'UserSystems' > 'UserSystems.xml'  > Under the 'Mame' system, find this line:
<Cmd hidden="true" name="MAME" value="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow" extensions=".zip,.7z,.chd" />
..and add " -joystick" to it. It should then look like that:
<Cmd hidden="true" name="MAME" value="-rompath &quot;%path&quot; %file%ext -volume -%volume(32,0) -skip_gameinfo -nowindow -joystick" extensions=".zip,.7z,.chd" />

This setting will be set by default on next mGalaxy version!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:51:20 PM by mgalaxy »

BHParker

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
X360Ce work only for the executable where you put the file, so only for mGalaxy.
If you launch Mame from mgalaxy, x360ce will nt be used. So press Esc and reconfigure your pad after the launching.

Hi! MAME doesnt recognize the joystick when I launch it from mGalaxy, so I cant reconfigure the gamepad after launch

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 10:25:04 AM »
X360Ce work only for the executable where you put the file, so only for mGalaxy.
If you launch Mame from mgalaxy, x360ce will nt be used. So press Esc and reconfigure your pad after the launching.

BHParker

Joystick not working on MAME from mGalaxy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:59:55 AM »
Hi! Quick question:

I'm running MAME 0.164, and it works perfectly with my generic usb joystick. mGalaxy v6.2 works perfectly with the x360ce emulator.

But, here's the thing: when I run a MAME game from mGalaxy, the joystick doesn't work. At all. And I have no idea why! I tried MAME with the x360ce, but it doesn't change anything.. Any help? Thanks a lot!

Edit: I run VBA's games from mGalaxy and I dont have this problem, so I guess this is a mame thing