Author Topic: ability to change fontsize  (Read 6553 times)

Eduardolicious

Re: ability to change fontsize
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »
thats pretty good! made a big difference in readability. ill continue nessing with my monitor to see if i can get it a little clearer still, but bigger definitely helped. could probably stand to be a little bigger judging by the blank space, maybe ill mess with that ttf file a bit =D

i can attach a pic of the new font when im back at my desk if thats helpful at all

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
EDUARDOLICIOUS,

Sorry, I forgot to come back to you on that concern!
With the last version I've added a (temporarily 'hidden') way to get a bolder font!
Just put this font file in your Windows > Fonts folder and tell me if that looks better! (I hope so, you'll see that this font is way bolder!)

Eduardolicious

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 01:55:29 PM »
so i updated to Premium so i could use the db edit feature (which is great!) and decided to try the other themes, since they looked like they had bigger/bolder fonts in the screenshots, but now that theyre running in the cab it looks like the same small font as the default theme, and don't look anything like the text in the screenshots

is this maybe a case of needing a system font installed that i dont have and its just defaulting to something smaller?

Eduardolicious

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
yeah just to update, i went elbows deep with the focus/convergence on this monitor over the past two days and its as sharp as sharp can be, but it just doesnt lend itself to this text

a way to increase font size (or change its colors), or an option to use logos in the default skin, would be great

Eduardolicious

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:57:14 PM »
im not sure..i think just making the font bigger (or possibly a bolder font?) would do the trick. but also theres a lot of unused space, at least on my setup, so maybe both could help. i adjusted my focus pot a bit to try to get it a little sharper, and the unhighlighted text is better now but the highlighted text (as well as the text under the screenshot) are both more or less unreadable still. i've attached a screenshot if its helpful to show how much space is allocated at the bottom on a 640x480 arcade monitor setup

i did see the gigawing screenshot on the Premium page, and it looks like that larger font might work.

then again i ALSO saw the them with Logos below that, which would solve the problem too! is that an option in the default theme ive missed or is that specific to those other themes? if its just those i might try to figure out a way to get this cab online so i can upgrade to premium on it cuz those logos are real nice lol

thanks for responding!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:00:32 PM by mgalaxy »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:40:47 PM »
Eduardolicious,

I understand!! I'll see what can be done!
What would you prefer...being able to change font size (even if the lines are sticking to each other) or lowering the number of lines displayed and increasing font size?

Eduardolicious

ability to change fontsize
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »
so, mgalaxy ended up being the perfect solution for the weirdly specific mameset i'm using in my cab. but, on my actual 25" arcade monitor i'm using (via an arcadevga/j-pac), the text list for games with the default horizontal theme is unreadably small. it's a standard resolution monitor, which means having to run at 640x480 and each line of text is MAYBE 1/4" tall, if that

i looked in the themes folder and saw a .mgt file, which it appears is just a zip with an xml file in it, but is password protected =( is there some other way somewhere to adjust the font face and/or size? even with my monitor adjusted to its absolute sharpest, its basically impossible to read

i saw that some of the Premium themes look like they have larger text lists, but I don't really have a way to verify licenses since my arcade cabinet isnt near a network jack lol, plus wasn't sure if they would actually solve the problem well enough anyway

thanks! other than this one hiccup, its going great and is almost ready to use