Author Topic: new topic new year new mGalaxy!  (Read 11603 times)

tutimane

• Email
Re: new topic new year new mGalaxy!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
I actually like when it says the name of the song playing, i love it

rash2236

• only arcade game
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »
mGalaxy 2.1 works great 8) thx for beta release. One small suggestion for the future.

• hide the name sound of playing in the background for game list
  • add to game list video movie from http://emumovies.com/
  • add joystick to mGalaxy_runway

waiting for Official Versions ;D

tested for Win7x86, IntelCeleron 540 @1.86GHz, 2.0GB DDR, MameUI32.144u6,

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
awesome im so excited for the new update adding background music.
Well...I guess that you'll be VERY excited in a minute or two... I just send you a mail with a link to the new version of mGalaxy, so that you can test it in priority. It's my pleasure to offer you this "exclusivity"!!

regarding the WOT which is widely used
firefox: 1,755,661 users
chrome: 419,620 users
I added a comment to the website, rated it excellent as safe and flagged the users comment below me as spam. I think since it was a new comment from him that it was based on competition.
Also seeing as wot has soooo many users and it currently warns the people as unsafe maybe you should sign up to and "claim" your website here: http://www.mywot.com/en/claim-site?target=mgalaxy.com
Thank you! I, myself request a review of my site...I can see that we are now at an average 70% score!

For the video i'm actually in film and a great editor. But im in this weird procrastinating/depressed mode where I have good ideas i just need to push myself to do it.
;D You made me laugh when I read this sentence....yes, I understand you ;-)

I was thinking of a movie trailer type video. Anything in quotations below would be on screen text okay?
"New Front End for Mame" Cut to arcade cabinet (to show how serious people take this FE) "Imagine" black screen "An arcade set up" black screen "Completely Plug n Play" Voice: Launching game. Cut to mgalaxy scrolling fast through all the games seeing all the snapshots. "Completely headache free" Showing the user on the computer dragging and dropping the mgalaxy in the mame folder "Completely neat and clean interface"  showing the user going through the genres in mgalaxy and also adding a favorite game, maybe close up of the fav smiley being activated. "Imagine no more front end problems" voice: this front end is designed to fit and stretch to any screen size. One more shot of the interface skipping through the alphabet. tons of games being launched over and over. Voice: Launching game. that voice will be repeating over and over and over getting faster. Cut to black "Imagine mGalaxy" possible girl actually saying Imagine mgalaxy with the on screen text.
Wow, wow ,wow!!!!
That would be great!!! That would be f...great!!!
I wish that you could quickly go out of your procrastinating/depressed mode and make it possible ;-)
No, seriously, I understand that this is a lot of work...but if one day you want to try it I'll give you all the needed help/resources to help you! :)

I've been working all my spared time to give you (especially you and 'rash') the version that you were waiting for at that time...and I hope that you'll enjoy it!
Here is the v2.1 history log part:
+: 'mGalaxy_Runway' is back, compatible with mGalaxy v2.0

+: Background music feature added.
   Place mp3/wav files in 'mGalaxy_music' folder and they will be played randomly!
   (requires WindowsMediaPlayer 10 to be installed on PC)

*: 'Menu' window has been updated with 'Background Music' settings and extended 'Mame Volume' settings

*: User setting have been moved to
   C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\mGalaxy (Win 7)
   C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data (Win XP)
   to conform to Microsoft security policy.
   Those folders are hidden by default.
   To view them, go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Advanced > Show hidden files and folders

Have a nice day,

tutimane

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
awesome im so excited for the new update adding background music.

regarding the WOT which is widely used
firefox: 1,755,661 users
chrome: 419,620 users

I added a comment to the website, rated it excellent as safe and flagged the users comment below me as spam. I think since it was a new comment from him that it was based on competition.

Also seeing as wot has soooo many users and it currently warns the people as unsafe maybe you should sign up to and "claim" your website here: http://www.mywot.com/en/claim-site?target=mgalaxy.com

for advertising I think the video is crucial. Also "released news" of an update soon to come could help people see how this front end is very well alive. I remember seeing news on the sega super model 3 emulater releasing news in the form of a blog and a lot of people comment. I was thinking a small blog of news or ideas would be interesting but its not really needed.

For the video i'm actually in film and a great editor. But im in this weird procrastinating/depressed mode where I have good ideas i just need to push myself to do it.

I was thinking of a movie trailer type video. Anything in quotations below would be on screen text okay?

"New Front End for Mame" Cut to arcade cabinet (to show how serious people take this FE) "Imagine" black screen "An arcade set up" black screen "Completely Plug n Play" Voice: Launching game. Cut to mgalaxy scrolling fast through all the games seeing all the snapshots. "Completely headache free" Showing the user on the computer dragging and dropping the mgalaxy in the mame folder "Completely neat and clean interface"  showing the user going through the genres in mgalaxy and also adding a favorite game, maybe close up of the fav smiley being activated. "Imagine no more front end problems" voice: this front end is designed to fit and stretch to any screen size. One more shot of the interface skipping through the alphabet. tons of games being launched over and over. Voice: Launching game. that voice will be repeating over and over and over getting faster. Cut to black "Imagine mGalaxy" possible girl actually saying Imagine mgalaxy with the on screen text.

thats all i have for now on paper, but with that video we can post on the following forums
Steam
Hyperspin
mameworld

I think it would help to post or market or mention that
"mGalaxy is the alternative and complete plug n play front end"

oh yeah if any youtubers did a video review on mGalaxy then that would help a lot. it wouldnt hurt to go to those tech sites like on revision3, engadget, lifehacker or even g4 and have them mention mgalaxy in a blog post/article. Even if they mention that its the front end for mame beginners that could be ok.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:51:50 PM by tutimane »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »
tutimane,

we should have something to kick start the release of mGalaxy like a brand new video for youtube to get more viewers coming here when they search on youtube "mame front ends" the post on mameworld was great but its time to get the train rolling forward.
Yep, that's a good idea...but I'm a little bit busy those last days!! Were you thinking of YOU doing this/those videos?

I like the wishlist section maybe you can have a contest to have like 30 people post their wishlist and based by voting after you make the poll you grant their wish on the program if its applicable.
Yes, I did it with the previous mGalaxy version (in another life lol)...but at that time there was more traffic on the forum...I think that, indeed, the main concern is now to have people come back here (as you told yourself!)

also if you installed wot a way of being safe on google chrome or firefox then you'll see that some guy in Russian has flagged this forum to be unsafe and could be the number 1 cause of the forums staleness in the community. example people come to this website with the WOT plugin which is a lot of people and they stay away because of the warning: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mgalaxy.com
I didn't knew of this plug!? How does one do to reverse the situation? It's based on user vote, isn't it?
On the link that you gave me I can see that 1 (one!!) person gave a bad note! Does it mean that 4-5 people voting positively would allow the site to regain a good score?

Anyway, I'm very happy to have someone like you on this project ;-)
For sure I can't follow this project at full time...but in my spare time I would like to make the best out of it..and your "dynamism" is very pleasant! :)

So:
1) I wait for your reply, to see if that YouTube video should be realized by myself or by....someone else ;-)
2) The main goal is to make people come back to the forum, make the community living...and there too, if you have some ideas on how to achieve this, I'll be glad to hear from it!

As for me, I give all my free time to the mGalaxy update programming.
The programming behind the "background music" function is finished, I just have to adapt the menu to reflect those changes. (this feature will require the users to have (or get) windows media player 10 installed on their PC...but it won't generate an error if you don't have it...you'll simply not hear the background music)
I'll then follow with mGalaxy Runway.

Voila...waiting to hear from you ;-)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:22:57 PM by mgalaxy »

tutimane

• Email
new topic new year new mGalaxy!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »
we should have something to kick start the release of mGalaxy like a brand new video for youtube to get more viewers coming here when they search on youtube "mame front ends" the post on mameworld was great but its time to get the train rolling forward.

I was thinking maybe have some sort of marketing to get the program out there and more known to the public. people posting on forums and even interesting forum topics here.

I like the wishlist section maybe you can have a contest to have like 30 people post their wishlist and based by voting after you make the poll you grant their wish on the program if its applicable.

also if you installed wot a way of being safe on google chrome or firefox then you'll see that some guy in Russian has flagged this forum to be unsafe and could be the number 1 cause of the forums staleness in the community. example people come to this website with the WOT plugin which is a lot of people and they stay away because of the warning: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mgalaxy.com