Author Topic: Odd problem when using the Commodore 64 system  (Read 11319 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Odd problem when using the Commodore 64 system
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 04:59:16 AM »
m trying the database update online and same than you, no picture for the moment, need to check later (it can come from the online database)
I'm creating a database right-now for the C-64 with a No-Intro set (1907 files)  (Commodore_-_64_(Tapes)_(20120223) )...and everything is working as it should!

TheGamesDB, User intervention: None (unambiguous names only)

The same for Screenscraper

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:09:39 AM by mgalaxy »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 04:03:33 AM »
Here's my main issue, it doesn't seem to be able to find any commodore 64 games that are actually incorporated into the database and the few hits it did get it didnt appear to update anything as the presentation was basically the filename and with a blue screen where the screenshot would be.
When you speak of "database", did you create a database from mGalaxy_Runway ("DB UPDATE" tab)...or do you mean "my list of files" ?

As a reply I will give you a little summary on how things should be ;)
1. The roms should have file extensions recognized my mGalaxy (this info is listed in mGalaxy_Runway, just below the "Roms" field)

2. The screenshot must have the same name as the rom file and the file format is PNG (so, for a 'Zaxxon.zip' game the screenshots should be named 'Zaxxon.png')

Not only that, when I started the game it wouldn't even load the game in the emulator. Matter of fact, at first I tried the zip files and it appeared to be loading but nothing happened
This is a winvice related problem. I think that you must have a 'unzip.exe' application in the winvice folder to get the .zip compatibility!

I put the d64 and t64 files directly into the subdirectory for the roms, but then it said the folder was empty or that it couldn't read the roms.
At that stage, I don't know if there's still a folder with the zip files elsewhere in your rom folder?
If I were you, I would point mGalaxy-Runway to a simple folder with all the .d64/t64 files...mGalaxy will find them immediately!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 04:06:02 AM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 03:59:15 AM »
Please try with database disabled (disabled in mGalaxyRunaway).

I m trying with vice 2.4 (x64.exe) rom in D64 format, for the moment it's working fine.

I m trying the database update online and same than you, no picture for the moment, need to check later (it can come from the online database)

, I was creating a database for the Commodore 64 and I installed Vice64 and pointed the roms and the executables as prompted and even added paths for the extra stuff like screenshots and whatnot.
Hu, you have first configure all the systeme and AFTER create the database ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 04:02:20 AM by Aeliss »

thirtywinter

Odd problem when using the Commodore 64 system
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 08:52:25 PM »
Hey all, I was very excited to discover mGalaxy as I liked the presentation (especially the premium ones, very nice)

Anyhoo, I was creating a database for the Commodore 64 and I installed Vice64 and pointed the roms and the executables as prompted and even added paths for the extra stuff like screenshots and whatnot.

Here's my main issue, it doesn't seem to be able to find any commodore 64 games that are actually incorporated into the database and the few hits it did get it didnt appear to update anything as the presentation was basically the filename and with a blue screen where the screenshot would be. Not only that, when I started the game it wouldn't even load the game in the emulator. Matter of fact, at first I tried the zip files and it appeared to be loading but nothing happened so I put the d64 and t64 files directly into the subdirectory for the roms, but then it said the folder was empty or that it couldn't read the roms.

The roms work fine mind you because when I run the directly from vice64 they work just fine.

Advice would be appreciated as I really wanted to like this one. :)