Author Topic: Odd problem when using the Commodore 64 system  (Read 11377 times)

jmd

• Email
Re: Odd problem when using the Commodore 64 system
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »
Now that's an actual workable solution. Thank you very much. I'll give it a whirl.
Glad it helps you! I'm actually using .t64 files..but it should work the same with .tap files

thirtywinter

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 02:36:05 PM »
Matter of fact, the latest No-Intro set I have I can only find .tap files
I've just contacted the dev, .tap format will be added to the next mGalaxy version!
In the meantime you should do like  that: mGalaxy folder > Data > UserSystems > UserSystems.xml
Open the file with a text editor, locate the <System guid="Commodore 64-xxxxxx" type="Computer"> tag.
A few lines below, edit the 'cmd' line like this:
Code: [Select]
<Cmd hidden="false" name="WinVice" value="-fullscreen &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".crt,.d64,.t64,.tap,.zip" />...the important thing here is the '.tap' added to 'extensions'

Just to let you know that using C64 is possible ;)

Now that's an actual workable solution. Thank you very much. I'll give it a whirl.

thirtywinter

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2016, 02:34:15 PM »
Sigh.. I'm looking at the error message right now in mGalaxy Runway
Once again, the message you're referring to indicates that the folder is empty OR filled with files whose extensions are not 'compatible' (understand 'not .d64, .t64, .zip')

And once again I am telling you that the following : (I'll put them in a numerically ordered list so it's real easy to follow)

• Folder is not empty
  • Folder contains ONLY T64 files
  • The T64 files are known good as they function great when not using mGalaxy

In other words, you keep on harping on things that are not relevant as they do not apply to this particular situation. I wish you all the best, but I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself ad nauseam to get a very simple message across. All I wanted was a little help with my situation, but I can see it has already been decided what the issue is even if its made very clear that what you are saying is plainly irrelevant as it has already been taken care of.

Best of luck.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
Matter of fact, the latest No-Intro set I have I can only find .tap files
I've just contacted the dev, .tap format will be added to the next mGalaxy version!
In the meantime you should do like  that: mGalaxy folder > Data > UserSystems > UserSystems.xml
Open the file with a text editor, locate the <System guid="Commodore 64-xxxxxx" type="Computer"> tag.
A few lines below, edit the 'cmd' line like this:
Code: [Select]
<Cmd hidden="false" name="WinVice" value="-fullscreen &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;" extensions=".crt,.d64,.t64,.tap,.zip" />...the important thing here is the '.tap' added to 'extensions'

Just to let you know that using C64 is possible ;)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:26:30 PM by jmd »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 02:00:33 PM »
Sigh.. I'm looking at the error message right now in mGalaxy Runway
Once again, the message you're referring to indicates that the folder is empty OR filled with files whose extensions are not 'compatible' (understand 'not .d64, .t64, .zip')
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 02:02:14 PM by mgalaxy »

thirtywinter

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »
Just wanted to add one more thing. I can't find the rom set that is referenced to (No-Intro set (1907 files)  (Commodore_-_64_(Tapes)_(20120223))

Matter of fact, the latest No-Intro set I have I can only find .tap files (Pretty sure they are the same as .t64 files) and .nib files which I am assuming is for disc files. Is it possible to get a magnet link or something like that to this set that is being used? I've looked the usual places, but I can't find that particular set. So is there something I'm missing?

thirtywinter

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »
Like god damn, one would think you would know your own product. ;)
He does, for sure!
We are here to bring you help, so please stay nice with us!
Just an info: mGalaxy does NOT have warning about  'defective roms'...so the message is coming from elsewhere!

Sigh.. I'm looking at the error message right now in mGalaxy Runway. But it's fine, don't believe me and pat yourself on the back thinking you did an outstanding job today.

All I am doing is telling you guys what I am seeing, but if that falls on deaf ears so be it. I'm not here to argue, I'm just letting you know what I am seeing as an end user. That's it. That's all. Sorry you find that offensive. "Did you think to click on save" snort.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »
He does, for sure!
We are here to bring you help, so please stay nice with us!
Just an info: mGalaxy does NOT have warning about  'defective roms'...so the message is coming from elsewhere!

thirtywinter

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »

I put the d64 and t64 files directly into the subdirectory for the roms, but then it said the folder was empty or that it couldn't read the roms.
At that stage, I don't know if there's still a folder with the zip files elsewhere in your rom folder?
If I were you, I would point mGalaxy-Runway to a simple folder with all the .d64/t64 files...mGalaxy will find them immediately!

That's what I tried to do when I tried just the .d64/.t64 files and got nowhere. Just a folder and the roms and nothing else and still error messages that the folder is empty.

I do see that somebody else used a different set of roms than me and I'm going to give those a try and see what happens.
No, mGalaxy won't tell you that a folder is empty if there are roms (with allowed file extension) inside..sorry! ;)
When you set your paths, did you think to click on 'Save' before quitting Runway?

Wow... ok. I can *assure* you I thought to click save after setting the paths. You seriously think I did not check and recheck that after the fact to make sure? I'm telling you the error message indicated either an empty folder or that the roms were defective. (Which they are not) I still haven't tried other roms, but when I have I'll post an update.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:03:11 PM by thirtywinter »

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 10:09:16 AM »

I put the d64 and t64 files directly into the subdirectory for the roms, but then it said the folder was empty or that it couldn't read the roms.
At that stage, I don't know if there's still a folder with the zip files elsewhere in your rom folder?
If I were you, I would point mGalaxy-Runway to a simple folder with all the .d64/t64 files...mGalaxy will find them immediately!

That's what I tried to do when I tried just the .d64/.t64 files and got nowhere. Just a folder and the roms and nothing else and still error messages that the folder is empty.

I do see that somebody else used a different set of roms than me and I'm going to give those a try and see what happens.
No, mGalaxy won't tell you that a folder is empty if there are roms (with allowed file extension) inside..sorry! ;)
When you set your paths, did you think to click on 'Save' before quitting Runway?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:21:29 PM by mgalaxy »

thirtywinter

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »

thirtywinter

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 10:02:22 AM »
m trying the database update online and same than you, no picture for the moment, need to check later (it can come from the online database)
I'm creating a database right-now for the C-64 with a No-Intro set (1907 files)  (Commodore_-_64_(Tapes)_(20120223) )...and everything is working as it should!

TheGamesDB, User intervention: None (unambiguous names only)

The same for Screenscraper

Hmm... I was using the goodGB64 roms. I'll give those a go then.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »
how you can have 1907 games found???
"New games found" is related to the user's file to tell him how many new file were found in the rom folder since the last update!

Aeliss

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 06:15:48 AM »
Ok so new try with "no server", database created and working.
But if you don't have screenshot it's normal, only 320 for mGalaxy test  and only 900 games present on the database (how you can have 1907 games found???) . I think it's a better idea to find a SS pack on google.

New try with zip format.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:19:49 AM by Aeliss »

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 06:02:40 AM »
I m making a try with GoodGb64 database (17 000 files), 2 tries, 2 freezes but no pictures yet ^^.