Author Topic: New 6.2 doesn't seem to want to co-operate  (Read 6342 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: New 6.2 doesn't seem to want to co-operate
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 03:45:00 AM »
Yep I know, but I had an "error message" when I launch the "mGalaxy_Updater.exe" file.
But I haven't noted the message  :-[ I thought it was normal.
I can help if you want! Just send me the file that causes the problem and I'll check!

Aeliss

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 03:41:01 AM »
Yep I know, but I had an "error message" when I launch the "mGalaxy_Updater.exe" file.
But I haven't noted the message  :-[ I thought it was normal.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 03:36:09 AM »
But my installation isn't standard, I have lot of files edited manually so I can understand why the "updater" haven't worked. I have too delete all my databases , now need to remake them all.
What do you mean by this! You've perhaps edited the XML files...but the XML schema is still correct (otherwise mGalaxy wouldn't start)...so it should be 'updatable'!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 03:33:31 AM »
Do you still have your last (v6.0) folder intact?
If so:
1. Do a copy (here called "b") of your original v6 folder (here called "A""
2. Launch Runway from "B" and remove all systems that you've edited by yourself, then re-create them (to get a fresh and valid system).
3. Take the database from the UsersSystem folder in "A" and copy it to the UsersSystem folder in "B" (the same applies to your favorites or every other files in the UsersSystems folder!!!)
4. Install v6.2 and point it to your "B" folder...the updater will update your databases for you!!

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 03:15:26 AM »
Arffffff, I have spend 1 hour to edit my files (cursing you during all the operation) .

But my installation isn't standard, I have lot of files edited manually so I can understand why the "updater" haven't worked. I have too delete all my databases , now need to remake them all.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 06:04:19 PM »
and all your files (userssystems, databases, favorites,...) will be updated correctly

Really ? I have an error on my system with it, but I didn't  thought it can update the usersystems file, I have finally use a text editor to update mine.
Yes, really ; )! v6.2 will update all v6.0 files (provided you didn't mix up with  the genuine files)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 06:12:39 PM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
and all your files (userssystems, databases, favorites,...) will be updated correctly

Really ? I have an error on my system with it, but I didn't  thought it can update the usersystems file, I have finally use a text editor to update mine.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
I've downloaded 6.2 and installed it fresh in it's own folder. However I choose the  Presenter theme in Runway from the list after having put it in the UI Themes
and then save. Run Mgalaxy exe but am just getting the Base Theme still
Your license file is missing in the mGalaxy folder!

Also it's not using my favorites.ini file. My favorites.ini is 6kb but when I copy it over to the UserSystems Mame folder and then run mgalaxy it only shows 23 games when there should be 169. I had also copied my xmlout.xml to the UserSystems.Mame folder as wel and all the games show up properly
There's an updater included in v6.2 that runs during install! I hope that you still have your previous mGalaxy backup somewhere!? Copy it at the location of your choice, then install v6.2 over it and all your files (userssystems, databases, favorites,...) will be updated correctly!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:33:13 AM by mgalaxy »

dashingw

• Email
New 6.2 doesn't seem to want to co-operate
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »
I've downloaded 6.2 and installed it fresh in it's own folder. However I choose the  Presenter theme in Runway from the list after having put it in the UI Themes
and then save. Run Mgalaxy exe but am just getting the Base Theme still

Also it's not using my favorites.ini file. My favorites.ini is 6kb but when I copy it over to the UserSystems Mame folder and then run mgalaxy it only shows 23 games when there should be 169. I had also copied my xmlout.xml to the UserSystems.Mame folder as wel and all the games show up properly

This worked when I copied the files from version 5 to version 6 when it came out