Author Topic: Fail-over option for artwork display  (Read 5226 times)

dlol

Re: Fail-over option for artwork display
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 04:42:50 AM »
This works, the only downside is that if you have a lot of games, the additional space adds up.  :D
It's not much (about 1 GB or so in my current setup), but a simple checkbox to let mGalaxy look for missing art in another folder would be so much cleaner IMO.
In a default setup,  this solution would also solve the black screen displayed in the game info pop-up when the game has no cover.  Solving the problem by copying/pasting is OK, but it is kind hackish, something that I would do in Hyperspin, and it's one of the reasons I started using mGalaxy in the first place.

Aeliss

Re: Fail-over option for artwork display
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:23:41 AM »
Why you don't just make a special folder ?
Copy all the screenshoot inside and overwrite them by coping the cover files over them.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:37:21 AM by Aeliss »

dlol

Fail-over option for artwork display
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:25:07 PM »
Hi, first of all, thank you for this amazing frontend.  I've  tried every frontend under the sun and mGalaxy is the closest I got to a hassle-free setup and a perfect experience.
In my current setup I like to use the game covers for the main display instead of screenshots ( by swapping the directories in mGalaxy Runway) and to me, it looks perfect. Problem is, of course, not all games have a boxart image avaliable. I think i would be great if mGalaxy could display the game screenshot in those cases, maybe by setting up a second folder path for a fail-over option.  Oh, and customizing the default "no image found" would be nice, too.