Author Topic: Runway not running!  (Read 7551 times)

WishItWas1984

Re: Runway not running!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 10:41:50 PM »
I don't  know if it'll help, but look at my thread "Multiple Problems with 7.0" and the last suggestion from mGalaxy. This not only fixed the automatic importing of my old paths and favorites, but it fixed Runway from crashing.

Aeliss

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »
Try with "native" xml, taken from a fresh downloaded achive.
But it's realy strange, when it's xml, you have an error message.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »
Mgalaxy is not working anymore. when double clicking the icon it doesn't do anything.
No error. So what is the easiest thing to resolve this? a new install? the games are still working in their own emulator.

salvo69

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
All sorted it was just the mame xmlout file gone wrong, just deleted it and made another

Thanks for your help

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 12:45:53 PM »
No, it will be hard only if the corrupted file is UserSystems.xml.
If the problem is in one of yours databases, you will have only this file to remake.
I know your problem, I have around than 50 systems, some of them are specific and at all update, I need to rebuild all, because the old xml is not compatible with the new executable (Thx mGalaxy ^^).

And if the problem is in UserSystems.xml, you can delete 50% of the file, then 50% again, ect ,,, to locate the problem.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:48:56 PM by Aeliss »

salvo69

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »
OK thanks will try that, what I meant about taking ages, is that I have about 10 systems and manually edited the games lists (using the premium version)

Cheers

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 07:31:59 AM »
Try by moving your databases to another (backup) folder and see if it's working better!

Yep, I do same. Make a new install in another folder, and copy paste your database/config file, one by one, I think too you have a problem on your xml file.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:01:52 AM »
it took ages getting all the other systems sorted out.
You really think that it takes ages to create a system with mGalaxy!?  ??? ...don't EVER try another emulator then! ;)

That said, I'm afraid that starting from another install is the only way to go! Add systems one by one until you can reproduce your problem (if it happens again!!)
I've never had any problem with mGalaxy_Runway (and very few problem reports on it on this forum)...perhaps is it a problem with one of the databases? Try by moving your databases to another (backup) folder and see if it's working better!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:07:52 AM by jmd »

salvo69

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »
Hi, yes mGalaxy still works, apart from the Mame games list is empty so I think something is corrupt.

I didn't want to start again as it took ages getting all the other systems sorted out.

Does runway use a setting file I could change manually to remove mame, then hopefully get runway working then add mame back?

Thanks

jmd

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:24:20 AM »
Using version 6 and windows 10 all working fine, but now Runway doesn't work
What happened in between? Did you manually edit one of the setting files? Is mGalaxy itself still running?

mGalaxy is portable, that means that you can do another installation in another folder (without losing your primary install) and make as many tests as you want to discover how it did turn wrong!?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:26:03 AM by jmd »

salvo69

• Email
Runway not running!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 02:46:33 PM »
Hi all,

Using version 6 and windows 10 all working fine, but now Runway doesn't work, double click the icon but nothing happens, it appears in task manager for about 5 seconds then disappears.

Is there a way to get it back working without reinstalling mGalaxy?

Thanks