Author Topic: Microsoft Applications Menu - Empty Game Lists?  (Read 3289 times)

WishItWas1984

Re: Microsoft Applications Menu - Empty Game Lists?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:29:47 AM »
**UPDATE**

Games list is fixed but now I have a bigger problem.

Turns out the shortcut function from within Steam created a weird shortcut that didn't have a true path. Once I went to the Steam directory that contained Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX's actual EXE and made a shortcut from THAT, did mGalaxy recognize the shortcuts as ROMs.

*edit* Going to start a new post with the new problem as it doesn't relate to games showing up.

WishItWas1984

Microsoft Applications Menu - Empty Game Lists?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 08:38:59 AM »
I'm really doing well this week. First Dolphin, now pinball.

Ok, I have the Microsoft (Application) system setup in Runway to take care of Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX in Steam. In Steam, I created desktop shortcuts for each program, then I copied them into a ROMs folder that I pointed to in Runway. I also pointed the Executable to cmd.exe in the System32 directory.

I figured that was it, but mGalaxy is giving me an empty files list. Here's some additional stuff I did that I don't think has any bearing on this problem, but who knows.

In anticipation of it working, and with the desire to not just have two wheel logos, one for Pinball Arcade and one for Pinball FX, I created like 20 entries for Pinball Arcade. It's just the same shortcut duplicated over and over.

The idea I had was to duplicate them and name them for each table I own. Then use that same name on PNG wheel art, and on an MP4 video snap. Seemed foolproof since that all worked out find for the Wii (even if Dolphin won't run).

However, now I've got nothing and no clue why no entries will show. I assume that mGalaxy is trying to read something from the shortcuts other than the filename?