Author Topic: ScummVM game names  (Read 4978 times)

Aeliss

Re: ScummVM game names
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
For information, another user had same problem, and solved it with renaming the file

http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1051.0

If the game haven't exactly the same name ScumVM is looking for, you will have the same error message (scummvm.ini not found)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »
Would love to use it, but it keeps saying scummvm.ini cannot be found.  Yes, I'm correctly identifying the .exe path, but the .ini is not there, it's in my user paths where ScummVM puts it.

If you've been able to use the shortcut generator, where is it looking for the scummvm.ini file?
ScummVM puts the ini file in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM\scummvm.ini...and mGalaxy is waiting for it to be there!

offy

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
Would love to use it, but it keeps saying scummvm.ini cannot be found.  Yes, I'm correctly identifying the .exe path, but the .ini is not there, it's in my user paths where ScummVM puts it.

If you've been able to use the shortcut generator, where is it looking for the scummvm.ini file?

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 10:39:53 AM »
I haven't tried but, If you create a database, you can edit it to change displayed name  ?

dlol

ScummVM game names
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:37 PM »
Hi,

After using the ScummVM shortcut generator, my ScummVM setup is working flawlessly, but the names of the games are using that default DOS shortform (like 'monkey' instead of Secret of Monkey Island). Is there anyway to fix this? I could just rename the folders and run the utility again, but then I would have to rename all my artwork to match.