Author Topic: Trouble with PSX  (Read 6274 times)

Aeliss

Re: Trouble with PSX
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 11:07:59 AM »
I have never tried this format too.
But it's a compressed format, so realy good for PSX iso (large size).
IDK if all emuls work with extension name or reading the headers to use the correct loading, but I think it's a better solution to add this format in mGalaxy.

Mihoshi20

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 03:34:34 AM »
Hmm, as mentioned, I haven't messed with PSx emulation in a long while, so I'm not familiar with EMC files. Is this a new compression format, or a new disc format? Or is it just a renaming of a current format like you sometimes see with disc images or compressed disc image formats. Perhaps some googling is in order, or DLing a EMC files and looking at the header.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:50 PM »
You could "Un ECM" your files back to .iso !?
https://www.loveroms.com/help/howto-unecm.php
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:05:01 AM by jmd »

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
Yep, inside you find a line like this one

Code: [Select]
<Extensions>.n64,.z64,.zip</Extensions>
You can add the missing extension, while waiting for the future version.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »
The problem comes from the file extension.
On mGalaxy_Runway (under the rom path field) you will see the allowed extension for this system. No .rar neither .ecm there! Your files must conform to the file extension mGalaxy is waiting for...but I know that you can edit the xml setting file and add new extensions to it!

AICJDR

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »
And yes...the menus are fine.  Show favorites only etc....that's all fine

AICJDR

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »
I'm using the emulator "ePSXe"

The file extensions are ECM.  That's after I unzip the files.  I also have the zip files in the folder because I thought that MGalaxy would only recognize the RAR files like all the other roms (mame, NES, SNES).  So I have both types but it still won't recognize them.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 02:24:05 AM »
AICJDR,

- Which emulator do you use?
- What's the file extension for your roms?
- Have you cleared all filters (I mainly thing to 'Show favorites only' but it could be players, etc...)?

Mihoshi20

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:41:08 PM »
Have you recently started using mgalaxy as your front end? If not, have you successfully used your PSx emulator with it before? I haven't messed with playstation emulators in a long time so not sure if this advice will work for you but I was getting that a lot with MAME. The solution that I found right now until the new version comes out was to use an older version of MAME as something within it changed the way it generated a database that mgalaxy hasn't caught up with yet.

I'd try using an older version of the emulator and see if you can get it to generate a database. Be good for troubleshooting if that's the cause or not at least until someone else can chime in with more help. Also make sure it's an emulator that mGalaxy actually supports as you didn't mention which emu it was you were using, could be Bleem for all we know.

AICJDR

Trouble with PSX
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »
Hi guys and gals...

I'm having a problem with my Playstation emulator.  The emulator itself works just fine and loads the ISOs...but when I boot up MGalaxy...I pick the Playstation icon and it doesn't show any roms/isos.  All it says is "Filters Returned An Empty Game List".  I opened up Runway and everything is where it should be.  (App path and Rom path)....

Any ideas?