Author Topic: [MAME] Clones not shown  (Read 5684 times)

donluca

Re: [MAME] Clones not shown
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »
You did all correctly! The 'problem' comes from mGalaxy itself which doesn't detect clones inside merged roms set!

Oh my, that's a bummer!

I'll open a thread in the wishlist to ask for this feature to be implemented in the next release!

Thanks for the reply!

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »
You did all correctly! The 'problem' comes from mGalaxy itself which doesn't detect clones inside merged roms set!

donluca

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
The romset is a tested and complete one coming from a reliable source and to make sure I checked it with clrmamepro.

It's a 7zipped merged set (which means that there's only one 7z archive per game containing both the main rom and the clones' rom) which is supported by MAME itself AFAIK.

I've made the database file myself with ROMlister following the guide on this forum, using latest MAME XML, latest catver.ini from ProgettoEMMA and nplayer.ini (or whatever that's called).

Everything works fine, really, all games correctly show up and stuff but there are no clones shown, even if I light up the button :(

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
Hi ,where your database file is coming ? Because I don't see where this problem can come, you are right,you just need to light this button to see the change instantly.
You are sure it's not a special Romset without clone ?

donluca

[MAME] Clones not shown
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:36:06 AM »
Hi!

I'm having issues making mGalaxy showing clones in MAME.

Everything is working great but when I press the third button (or fourth, can remember) to show up options, even if I light up "Clones", the clones are not shown in the list.

I'm using a complete romset, merged and compressed with 7z.

Am I missing something?