Author Topic: Why does my xmlout.xml have zero entries!?  (Read 7879 times)

badbob001

Re: Why does my xmlout.xml have zero entries!?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:34:11 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I got it working now. I had no idea that the xml output from recent versions of mame is not supported. Good thing for romlister.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email

badbob001

Why does my xmlout.xml have zero entries!?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 10:12:24 PM »
I'm trying to setup mgalaxy for the first time to use with mame but I can't get the database created properly. When I have runway create the database, I see a \data\multi-system [mame]\temp.xml grow up to 180KB. But then the resulting xmlout.xml only has the following:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<dbase name="Multi-system [MAME]" version="0.164 (Jul 29 2015)" />

What exactly happens between temp.xml and xmlout.xml?

Next I tried this:
  • mame64.exe -listxml > temp.xml
  • use runway to import temp.xml
  • now xmlout.xml is full of stuff, but yet starting mgalaxy still shows: Filters returned an empty game list. Under filters, show 'available roms only' is NOT enabled.
I suspect the raw output from mame's listxml is NOT meant to be imported into mgalaxy.

Installation:
mgalaxy 5.5: d:\mgalaxy\
mame64 1.64: d:\mgalaxy\mame\

If I choose the option to create the database not using mame's integrated one, then I can see a list of games, but it's a horrible list of filenames. I check the xmlout.xml and it does different from mame's xml output.

I suspect there is some 'magic' that transforms mame's listxml output to an xml format that mgalaxy uses. What am I doing wrong? How can I create this database outside of mgalaxy?