Author Topic: Command line parameters ?  (Read 11243 times)

Tex

Re: Command line parameters ?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
That's great to hear!  Thank you, and I look forward to trying out the new version.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »
My next effort will be trying to run mGalaxy on my decrepit Win XP machine where I'll want to use it with Mame0106b (rather than Mame0147 which I tried it with on another machine).  It would definitely be nice to find another "hidden feature" to fine tune the command line parameters.  I don't know if mGalaxy will support the old mame version, but if I can edit the command line it likely would. 

You will be able to edit the command line for each emulators in mGalaxy v4.0 which is about to be released...this week-end  ;)
In the meantime you can already have a look at this topic which explains how you'll have to proceed!
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=263.0
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:13:04 PM by mgalaxy »

Tex

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »
At the risk of reviving a dead topic.... I just found mGalaxy and so far I love it.  I tried Mamewah and Mala and found them difficult, clunky, and poor solutions for me initially.  I tried mGalaxy, and it looks great, was clean and easy to install, and worked with my Mame installation (and 20,000 Roms) immediately.

So simplicity of installation, and interface were very very very important as stated above.

But, then I had difficulty getting the snapshots to work.  I had to turn on "old snapshots" after reading the forums, which almost seemed like finding a "hidden feature".

My next effort will be trying to run mGalaxy on my decrepit Win XP machine where I'll want to use it with Mame0106b (rather than Mame0147 which I tried it with on another machine).  It would definitely be nice to find another "hidden feature" to fine tune the command line parameters.  I don't know if mGalaxy will support the old mame version, but if I can edit the command line it likely would. 

So although simplicity of installation and interface are key.... some sort of "advanced" or "hidden" features that can be accessed after one selects, installs, and loves mGalaxy might enhance it.

mafu2501

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:53 AM »
Busy day on the forums for me.. :)

Firstly, so there's no confusion, I am interested in seeing this sort of feature, regardless of the finished implementation. My interest is actually in the -nodisclaimer option. 

This is another feature that I was thinking about a bit lately. I think this is a scenario where the flexibility of the software could be enhanced without having to really bring any usage complexity into the picture for users that do not have an interest in tweaking things. 

<dramatic speaking>
This is a job for XML files!
</dramatics>

Basically, the way I see it, one could, without a lot of effort, add a delimited field entry tag (i.e. "MAMEEXECUTE1=autosave,nodisclaimer" for instance) to wherever the keymap produced by Runway is stored and be able to declare which command line options are added to the execution string. One could even add a suffix (i.e. "MAMEEXECUTE1_FOR=194x,1943,mslug5,cthd2003,pacman") to state which roms would execute with those options. Obviously a priority status would be part of that and whatnot.

I was also thinking that something like this could be used as a precursor to the possible addition of support for other emulators, which is something I hope could enter the picture at some point for mGalaxy (Sorry, man, but Strider2 just runs better on Zinc...).

Thanks again for a great front-end that just works! I wouldn't be here typing any of this if I didn't appreciate the hard work already put in!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:34:31 PM by mafu2501 »

Robin63

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 07:52:13 AM »
Yes it's important to keep the simplicity of mgalaxy,
but the -autosave option is very usefull to save highscore of some game like pacman or donkey kong... ;D

wait & see other user's feedback
Thanks for your answers

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »
Robin63,

I might implement this function in mGalaxy...but I would like more feedback from other users to see if  there is an interest for them too. The main reason being that I (we mGalaxy users) have to keep the mGalaxy interface as simple as possible, this is one of the main reasons that makes mGalaxy so attractive to all of us: simplicity.

Robin63

Command line parameters ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:17:18 PM »
Hi !
First of all, I say big thanks for this very good MAME frontend.

I recently found a good command line parameter on MAME it's the "-autosave" parameter. This parameter save state when you stop MAME and it load state when you restart the same rom with MAME.

How can I do for use it with mGalaxy ? Is it possible ?
I imagine to, if it's possible, report the mgalaxy command line parameters to the MAME when launching a roms.
(Sorry for my english but i'm a french guy ;))