Author Topic: Certain roms not working, but work fine directly in MAME  (Read 6263 times)

Gustavo Saliola

• Email
Re: Certain roms not working, but work fine directly in MAME
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 06:05:11 PM »
Thanks! Just re-exported a new xml from ROMLister and fine tuned the selection in MGalaxy.

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 06:51:34 AM »
Take a look on mGalaxy filter in the application setting.
If the game is on your rom folder (this one selected in mGalaxyRunaway) and on your database (you can check it with notepad), it will be displayed.

Gustavo Saliola

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »
Hi everybody. Before anything, thanks for this great piece of software.

As Todd, i've been in the same trouble with several roms. (Boubble Bobble, Bomb Jack, Snow Bros, etc.) that works fine launched from MAME and are not being showed by MGalaxy)

My case specifically has various tries with other front ends and finally used ROMLister (Exporting the xml for MGalaxy) to narrow the huge (and useless clone, adult and fruit machine items) list and adopted the easy and neat MGalaxy.

Now, knowing my Amateur status and the fact that could be prior installation/mismatch version issues, ask for your help to figure out this "not showing" thing with the roms.

Thanks in advance.

Gus.

TranslucentTodd

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:19:20 AM »
Thanks for the tips! I figured it out. I had a mix of different ROMS in two different ROM paths. I had another front end that had the ROM path set correctly, but the dos MAME path was pointing to a different set. I got rid of one set of ROMS and set everything to the same path and I'm good. Stupid mistake, I've made it before and I'm sure I will again.  ;)

Yes, I know 096 is an old version, but it i just temporary. I had a newer version and was having problems with it directly, so I punted back to 096, which I knew was working. Now that I have it working properly in mGalaxy, I can move ahead.

Thanks again!

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 02:57:45 AM »
Hu, realy old version ^^

This is the command line used by mGalaxy
Code: [Select]
Mame.exe -rompath "c:/path_to_rom" "joust.zip" -volume 0 -skip_gameinfo -nowindow
Try this one, to make a test.

In fact mame can use 2 ini file, there is 1 in your mame.exe folder and inside you can find a folder called "ini" for special configuration by game. This files are in mame folder not mgalaxy one.

Some other command
mame -showconfig
to show your used ini file
Code: [Select]
mame -showusageFrom my memory this one show the base command line, this one that is used when you just run mame, you can compare it with these one from mGalaxy.

TranslucentTodd

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
I think it is mame 096, when I launch the game from DOS, I type "mame joust". Which ini folder/files should I check under mGalaxy?

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:33:04 AM »
Wich one version of mame are you using ?
Wich one command are you using when you use dos to run it ?

Perhaps an ini problem, mame can use many configuration, according to the launching mode (Dos/command/MameUI/...)

You can check to if it's the same game in your "ini" folder where you have problem in mGalaxy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:40:22 AM by Aeliss »

TranslucentTodd

• Email
Certain roms not working, but work fine directly in MAME
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
I've got several games that either do nothing when launched in mGalaxy, or will pop up the DOS window, then it goes away. If I launch the same games from mame directly in DOS, they work fine. Any way I can troubleshoot these problems?