Author Topic: Willing to participate to the mGalaxy look? ...Artits welcome!  (Read 10252 times)

ThriakisArcade

Re: Willing to participate to the mGalaxy look? ...Artits welcome!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 12:11:39 PM »
Ho ! Sad sad sad ! Thanks for the answer.

jmd

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
^^ you're resurrecting a very old topic! This feature is not available anymore from what I know!

ThriakisArcade

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:57:01 AM »
Hello ! The Images in the original message are not visible anymore !
I'm wanted to try some wallpaper tuning inside MGalaxy;)
And also, where do I change the wallpaper of the system ? I have the Free Version, perhaps it's locked ?
Thanks !
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:10:50 PM by ThriakisArcade »

mafu2501

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »
@mGalaxy:

First and foremost, yours has ended up being the frontend that all others get compared to for use on my cabinet. Which has given me a bit of free space to work with since that became so... :)  AND, I think there has been a lacking amount of feedback regarding how pleasant it is to have Runway to work with, especially having it packed in by default.

Now, getting to the thread at hand, the idea being suggested here was exactly what I was thinking of suggesting as a feature for 1.3 after replacing the default mg_noscreen.png file the other day to have the custom marquee for my cabinet there instead. I can't say enough times that this is a good idea and an excellent approach to accomplishing customizable layout while retaining simplicity.

While layouts are being discussed, I think it should also be noted that, while preserving simplicity, another nice addition would be to have a vertical orientation option as well, for those of us with rotated screens (I play a lot of shooters).  I have a couple ideas for layout features as well, if anyone has an interest in them.

@Zed:

Pretty nice mock-up. I like the style and especially the slightly rotated preview snap. Would it be possible to take that one and possibly show what it would look like with a flat snapshot presentation?  I only ask because I think it might be slightly more in line with what we can expect to see with the finished product of this feature. 

Those closer to the source code for this may feel more than free to correct me if I've misinterpreted the intended end result of this feature.

Zed

Well, I´d like to colaborate...
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »
MGalaxy is amazing and I´d like to colaborate if you let me. I´m a Mexican 3D artist and this is my idea. You can have it at any res you need.

Thanks for MGalaxy

P.D. What´s the MGalaxy policy for commercial use ?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:25:44 AM by Zed »

cpyne

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
Looks great. 

The best things about mGalaxy are...

1. It actually works!
2. Very simple!
3. Looks good!

Every other Mame front end that I tried failed at least one of these 3 requirements.

One thing I was thinking that might be a good addition would be a feature where you can choose a background photo.  There are lots of cool looking high resolution wallpaper artwork available on the internet.  This was one site I found...

http://www.spoonloads.com/section.php?what=Wallpapers

Whatever you do, just never sacrifice the three key features I listed above!

Keep up the great work!

maximumice

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »
Love it. Even the most basic of artists will be able to use this to make mGalaxy blend in with their cab design. Those examples are actually pretty sharp! :)

maximumice
xxx

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Willing to participate to the mGalaxy look? ...Artits welcome!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »
I'm thinking to give the user the option to change the background image (perhaps change more elements in a near future...but for now only background).
So that the user has the choice between a couple of pics.
Those pics would keep the original layout idea (no revolution for now)...but would allow at least to have a different color scheme to choose from.

A picture is worth a thousand words...so please have a look below, you will immediately understand what I mean.

Every artists among us are more than welcome to submit their idea/layout, as usual with this project all of them will be displayed and we'll choose the best among us.

Here is a first shot of 3 pictures to give you the idea, please don't hesitate to participate, give your opinion and spread the news.
I would like this topic to be alive...I must confess that I've got so little feedback on mGalaxy Runway (that so many people were waiting for as far as I know  ;)) that it would be nice to get some there  ::)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 10:29:59 AM by mgalaxy »