Author Topic: Displaying ROM short name (MAME)  (Read 6173 times)

a3ist

Re: Displaying ROM short name (MAME)
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »
...or use your rom folder. In that last case you will have only your available roms listed..but with the game rom name! You can then edit the xmlout file.
Is it what you want?

The problem with that is, then mGalaxy appears to show all the clones of ROMs, even though I've got 'show clones' turned off in the mGalaxy options.

So basically, I have to go through the massive xmlout file for all games ever, and edit the dozen or so games I have?

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 07:17:07 AM »
1) When you create a database with MAME, you get the option to use the integrated MAME database (then you will have all the roms listed and displayed with their long name) or use your rom folder. In that last case you will have only your available roms listed..but with the game rom name! You can then edit the xmlout file.
Is it what you want?

2) Isn't it possible with RomLister (http://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/) -which include a mGalaxy output file system- to only list the available roms?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:20:11 AM by mgalaxy »

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 04:12:59 AM »
There is perhaps an option to make a database with only the game you have but it's not a probleme you can edit this one without problem to change the description (it's the one in mgalaxy folder, created with mgalaxyrunaway ?).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:44:58 PM by Aeliss »

a3ist

Displaying ROM short name (MAME)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »
I'd like to display the game short name, as per this discussion

http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=490.0

The issue I have is, I can't find the file to modify - I found the XML database with ALL games on it, but not with JUST the ones I have.

Could someone please walk me through finding or creating the database of JUST my games, for editing the description?