Author Topic: Unable to build working SNES database roms not getting added  (Read 5268 times)

Beowulf62381

Re: Unable to build working SNES database roms not getting added
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
perfect thanks.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Unable to build working SNES database roms not getting added
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:10:58 AM »
I assume the rom path gets scanned files with select extensions are getting added to the data base while others are skipped
Exactly! You can see the file extension allowed for each system in mGalaxy_Runway (under the 'Rom Path' field)

To add a new extension to that list:

mGalaxy folder > Data > Systems.xml (open this file with a text editor)
Find that block (search for 'snes') and add '.jma' to '<Extensions>' tag (no spaces in this line!):
Code: (xml,12) [Select]
<System Type="Console">
<Name>Nintendo SNES</Name>
<AppPath/>
<RomPath/>
<SnapPath/>
<VidPath/>
<Emu selected="0">
<Cmd id="0" name="ZSNES" value="-m -k %volume(0,100) &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
<Cmd id="1" name="Snes9x [Script]" value="-fullscreen &quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
<Cmd id="2" name="Higan" value="&quot;%path\%file%ext&quot;"/>
</Emu>
<Extensions>.fig,.gd,.mgh,.sfc,.smc,.swc,.zip</Extensions>
<Active>False</Active>
<Script>True</Script>
<Database>False</Database>
</System>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:34:56 AM by mgalaxy »

Beowulf62381

Unable to build working SNES database roms not getting added
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:11:29 PM »
To save a bit of space I compressed all of my SNES roms as JMA archives. They play fine snes9x, and do take up less space than zip or uncompressed, but they don't show up in Mgalaxy any longer. I re-ran runway to build a new snes database. The action completed just fine i.e. no error, but nothing was added. I assume the rom path gets scanned files with select extensions are getting added to the data base while others are skipped. If this is the case is there a config file can simply add JMA to?