Author Topic: don't understand the setup  (Read 34931 times)

BONLEV

• Email
Re: don't understand the setup
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
I installed snes9x and it worked. But does anyone know why it's always bg #2 on/off if I push start or another button? bg = background

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 03:39:44 PM »
thank you pritch33  :) this was enabled! I didn't know well the control panel. thank you!

pritch33

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 05:57:16 PM »
Have you enabled videos in the control panel (shift key) not sure what it is on yours due to remapping . Player 1 button 4

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
I removed oytokey becaused I couldn't get access (oopen) it anymore. installed it again mapped the keys for mgalaxy.

I attached mgalaxy and joytokey to startupfolder. So now when I boot up my pc first windows starts up and after that autostart from joytokey and finally mgalaxy.
In mglaxy I can acces my joystick and start games. Now I don't have the previous error again. The games launches.  :D

Only have to use my mouse for turning off my pc.

Only problem I have is video preview. My video files are mp4. I linked mgalaxy run to those map (like my snapshots) but in mgalaxy still no videopreviews?
The names are the same like the mame roms (like I did with my snapshots/stills)

anyone?

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 01:43:49 AM »
I found this with google, this was not found on this forum:

Nvm,solved it myself, the problem had to do with how the auto-run procedure was being handled in the registry. Which while normally this
wouldn't make a difference I think it is related to similar problems of mgalaxy being finicky when launched from quick-start icons.

I just want to autostart mgalaxy when booting up my pc. joytokey also because without that I can't use my joystick to navigate trough mgalaxy.

instant shelling I removed again because If want to change roms or anything I couldn't acces windows anymore. Maybe make 2 logins on my pc?

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »
finally get mgalaxy working with my joystick  :D  thx Aeliss! (and others)
problem was joytokey. I had to set the arrow keys on the keyboard. This was my big mistake.

Now I can launch games with joystick and button in mgalaxy.

When I boot up my pc first I open joytokey (it's attached to the task bar I see after that, can't acces it anymore?).
After that I launch mgalaxy. Joystick is working and push button to launch game.

A female voice says "launching game" A little black screen with mame.64 pops op but no game launches. in fact mgalaxy doesn't to anything anymore. joystick doesn't work anymore. even escape on keyboard does not work. pressing alt-crtl-delete and stop mgalaxy working.

Now launching back again mgalaxy and now pressing button launches the game without problem...

Anybody knows what causing this?

Aeliss

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »
Yes mame can work WITHOUT joytokey, it s using rawinput from my memory.

ATM, you are using 2 modes in same time (normal joystick + emulated keyboard), good luck to configure if you don't know exactly what is it. If something move in mame how you can know if it's from joytokey or from joystick directly ?

If you want to make mGalaxy working with your cab forget mame for the moment.
With joy2key correctly configured, it's impossible for mgalaxy to don't work, even you are using "a" for up "8" for down shit for "right', ect ....
If in notepad when you press right and left the cursor move (or print a character) , it's ok, else reconfigure joy2key.

I m using xpadder + x360XE for the no compatible pad (incompatible with XINPUT)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:20:33 AM by Aeliss »

pritch33

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:05 PM »
Dont know anything about joytokey  but if he sets his encoder to mame defauts that would save having to change the Mame settings and it should work fine in mgalaxy?

create mgalaxy in joy to key then configure controls, directional keys are obvious arrow up, arrow down,arrow left, arrow right,  arrow left control to button 1, alt to button 2, space to player 3, right shift to button 4 and so on. I assume its only the keys mgalaxy uses need configuring? Set mame to run with joysticks should work??? Im sure I have run a joypad on mame (not sure which one mameplus or uifx) before and it worked fine without changes to the mame settings?

What encoder are you using??

Aeliss

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »
I m seeing on the first screenshot, you have assign the stick to the mouse ?
It can be usefull on mame but not on mGalaxy, mGalaxy don't use mouse.

You have 2 thing to do.
1 - make joytokey working with mgalaxy and ONLY mGalaxy
2 - configure mame with your cab after, Mame can reconise your cab control, it don't need joytokey.

To see, if joytokey is correctly configured, launch notepad, press 1 button and press a direction, if you don't see 2 characters or 1 character and a cursor move, configure joytokey again. Only after that you can launch mGalaxyrunaway.

ps: Not sure it's "stick" you need to configure, perhaps it's "axis"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:47:17 PM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 02:26:06 PM »
pictures part 2

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 02:25:25 PM »
some pictures part 1

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 02:08:58 PM »
I now the program notepad but I don't what to do with it to use/configure mgalaxy. Is this discussed before?
in notepad you type/use a script?

I tested joytokey further. Now I can push a button in mgalaxy to launch a game  :)
But the joystick still not working.

Aeliss

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
It's a window application. You never use it ?

If joytokey is correctly configured, eg the "1" key to the first button, you will see "1" on notepad every time you press the first button.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »
open notepad? Is this for mgalaxy? I used the search function for "notepad" but couldn't find another topic. So where to find this?
Can you give me a bit more info please?

Aeliss

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »
Open notepad.
Press a button on your cab, if you see nothing you need to configure better joytokey.

mGalaxy don't use mouse, so you don't need to configure mouse button on joytokey.