Author Topic: don't understand the setup  (Read 34913 times)

BONLEV

• Email
Re: don't understand the setup
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2015, 09:37:51 AM »
I can wait for the new release if it fixes this  ;)

dynamic brightness could be the problem. When I google I could be a setting from "accu/power control settings". When your pc is not powered by the "net".

like this link:

https://wogan.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/disabling-adaptive-brightness-on-hp-elitebook-8570p/

At this moment I don"t have the option "on battery" ... must be a setting on my pc that is wrong.

But my screen is a philips. This works with smart control II software. So maybe the problem is here.

I will look further to solve this problem. thanks for your help!

Aeliss

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2015, 04:52:21 AM »
Yeah, I can understand your frustation, but Mgalaxy have made some change for the window gestion in the next version so the system you have is out of date for the moment, perhaps you can ask him a beta version to check if it's better on your computer, but take care for the future version you need to restart all your configuration, but you can have the 2 versions in same time for test. I m sorry for you, but I think it's a really good thing for him to have someone with this bugs regulary ^^.

the screen sometimes darkens for a few seconds or gets more brighten for a few seconds
Realy strange, it's not a feature from your display (like the Dynamic Brightness)? You can have a black screen or a white screen but never a brighteness modification.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:56:46 AM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2015, 02:54:37 PM »
frustrating that galaxy freezes so much when Quit an emulator back to mgalaxy. I hope next update fixes this.

Other question: Does someone knows why some  games (mame; nes, snes,..;) the screen sometimes darkens for a few seconds or gets more brighten for a few seconds??

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 11:37:56 AM »
thank you. I read the topic you linked me to and yes it's a random freeze. Now It was from mame (previous times always from nes) returning to mame and mgalaxy freezes.
I can hear in the background that I select another game but I don't see anything happen.

When pushing random all my buttons on my arcade I can have  the exit screen. After going back to mgalaxy the problem is solved.

I hope one day this will be fixed.  :)

Aeliss

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »
Idk but it's perhaps a good news for mGalaxy, atm there is a really rare bug http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=556.0 but this bug is too rare to be debuged. For me, I didn't saw it since 3/4 month and I use mGalaxy every week.
If you have the same I think mGalaxy will want to make some test with you.

Sames symptom, to unlock it I have.
1 - press ESC > The emulator window appear but 50% transparent, all command/mouvement still invisible.
2 - press down > same
3 - press 1 > all is now unlocked with the windows "do you really want to quit, yes / no"

I m using FCEUX for nes game, so I don't make lot of tries with nestopia.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:24:23 PM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »
just one thing: Random I have mgalaxy to freeze when I return from a NES game back to Mgalaxy. Is this a general problem with nestopia?

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
Nestopia

- To set the emulator to fullscreen:
Start Nestopia, go to 'Options' > 'Preferences' and check 'Switch to fullscreen on startup'.
(or edit values in 'nestopia.xml' file: <start-fullscreen>yes</start-fullscreen>)

- To avoid to confirm on Nestopia exit:
Start Nestopia, go to 'Options' > 'Preferences' and un-check 'Confirm exit'.
(or edit values in 'nestopia.xml' file: <confirm-exit>no</confirm-exit>)

- To quit emulator using the ESC key:
Edit the 'nestopia.xml' configuration file that way:
<exit>ESC</exit> (If you are not using an English version the key value may be different (for example 'Echap' in French)
<toggle-menu>Alt+X</toggle-menu>

sorry for the late answer but it worked! the uncheck "confirm exit" was the biggest problem I think. merci!

Aeliss

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
Nestopia

- To set the emulator to fullscreen:
Start Nestopia, go to 'Options' > 'Preferences' and check 'Switch to fullscreen on startup'.
(or edit values in 'nestopia.xml' file: <start-fullscreen>yes</start-fullscreen>)

- To avoid to confirm on Nestopia exit:
Start Nestopia, go to 'Options' > 'Preferences' and un-check 'Confirm exit'.
(or edit values in 'nestopia.xml' file: <confirm-exit>no</confirm-exit>)

- To quit emulator using the ESC key:
Edit the 'nestopia.xml' configuration file that way:
<exit>ESC</exit> (If you are not using an English version the key value may be different (for example 'Echap' in French)
<toggle-menu>Alt+X</toggle-menu>

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
And for the rest ? "confirm on exit" and configure "esc to exit" ?

I don't know where this is?

I attached a sample.

Aeliss

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
"Do  nedd to install winape in the nestopia directory and just follow the steps in the tutorial?"

Why do you want to instal the amstrad emulator in the same directory than the nes emulator ?

"In nestopia I already changed to fullscreen. "
And for the rest ? "confirm on exit" and configure "esc to exit" ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:03:11 PM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
I can't figure it out with nestopia and the winape on the site here. In nestopia I already changed to fullscreen.
Do  nedd to install winape in the nestopia directory and just follow the steps in the tutorial?

Changing the buttons ( in snes9x hotkey) worked. I don't how I did it but now the BG on/off is gone. thank you. merci!

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
You read that user write sometime ?

For your BG problem it's because you are using the same shortcut for the BG option and another command.

If you are using X-ad a mouse with 2 button or 8 button, blue or red, with mgalaxy or not, I don't mind.

I m sure if you run notepad and press the button where you have a problem you will have a "1" or a "2" for the second button. If yes just go in snes option and change the shortcup for theses options (alt+F9).

Hello, I did some changes in buttons in the customize hotkeys.I pressed some others buttons on my keyboard. Now I don't have the BG on/off again.  :)

For nestopia, have you tried the base configuration from here http://www.mgalaxy.com/tutorial_emulators.html ?

No, But in estopia I already did full screen. Don't remember where I did this. So what about that winape? I download this and have to search for nestopia?
Must this be placed in the nes folder?

THere must be something wrong I do.
Yes, If snaps are png file, with same name than rom (name and not extension ofc), and with good folder configured,  It will work.

thx, the new snapshots were JPEG and not png. I changed them and now they are ok! I thought mgalaxy supported also jp(e)g  ???

Aeliss

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »
You read that user write sometime ?

For your BG problem it's because you are using the same shortcut for the BG option and another command.

If you are using X-ad a mouse with 2 button or 8 button, blue or red, with mgalaxy or not, I don't mind.

I m sure if you run notepad and press the button where you have a problem you will have a "1" or a "2" for the second button. If yes just go in snes option and change the shortcup for theses options (alt+F9).

For nestopia, have you tried the base configuration from here http://www.mgalaxy.com/tutorial_emulators.html ?

THere must be something wrong I do.
Yes, If snaps are png file, with same name than rom (name and not extension ofc), and with good folder configured,  It will work.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:57:36 PM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 07:26:11 AM »
my joystick and buttons are controlled by a usb joystick. simulair to the x-arcade
I have 8 buttons for each player (2 red, 2 blue, 2 yellow and 2 green) easier to play (for mortal kombat red buttons are the punch buttons, blue = kick,...)

a this moment I mapped by buttons in snes9x. because I always have BG#1 on/off or BG2# on/off I did not mapped the to my red buttons. Because pressing those give my that BG option to toggle. It works by mapping them to the blue, yellow and green) snes had 6 buttons.

I can't find it how I disable those BG to my red buttons.

Just installed nestopia and not hat problem here. Only to quit a game (only have galaga now) It comes again in the menu task bar of nestopia so I have to use mouse to quit nestopia. Is this always that way?

And the screenshots doesn't works with snes. But the zipped roms. Can I change their names? I did to test and they still play. I have given the snapshot the same name from the zip file but still no image in mgalaxy. I name my snapshots work for the most games. THere must be something wrong I do.

And notepad is for making a script?

Aeliss

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 03:12:37 AM »
Yes ^^

It's because the shortcut to change background is the same than your start button, (or another) .

From my memory you can chnage it in the snes9x option.