Author Topic: don't understand the setup  (Read 34516 times)

BONLEV

• Email
Re: don't understand the setup
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »
Are you sure in mGalaxyRunaway the checkbox "use script if available" is activated ?
This happen when you don't use script.
On the new version, you don't need to dl and install script, all are already in mGalaxy.

thx, now it's working. "use script if available" was chechked but the wrong emulator above was choosen  ::) Now I selected snes9x.
merci! thx for pointing this out.

Aeliss

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2017, 10:17:57 AM »
Are you sure in mGalaxyRunaway the checkbox "use script if available" is activated ?
This happen when you don't use script.
On the new version, you don't need to dl and install script, all are already in mGalaxy.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2017, 01:48:27 PM »
nestopia is OK only snes9X has problem for fullscreen and to quit the emulator. I placed the script into the snes9X folder. still not working
when pressing my button for escape (white button on my cabinet)  it toggles between fullscreen and menubar in snes9x. Are my keys wrong mapped inside snes9x?

In all the other emulators this white button (assigned to escape in xpadder) quits the emulator.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »
just thinking about my problem about exit a game and insert coin.
Do I have to set this in mame and not mgalaxy?
Yes! Generally speaking, the exit action of an emulator is the responsibility of the emulator itself. The exception being when the emulator doesn't allow to quit on 'ESC'. In that case a script is run (by the way, those emulators are indentified with 'script' in their name in mgalaxy runway!) to intercept the 'ESC' key and force close the emulator!
(This is the theory for keyboard users...I don't know if it works the same for gamepad users)

thank you. eveything is working fine!

jmd

• Email
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2017, 03:24:28 AM »
Yes! Generally speaking, the exit action of an emulator is the responsibility of the emulator itself. The exception being when the emulator doesn't allow to quit on 'ESC'. In that case a script is run (by the way, those emulators are indentified with 'script' in their name in mgalaxy runway!) to intercept the 'ESC' key and force close the emulator!
(This is the theory for keyboard users...I don't know if it works the same for gamepad users)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:27:47 AM by jmd »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2017, 02:10:00 AM »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
can find to work: exit game and insert coin.     exit game works with escape on my keyboard -> when mapping escape to a button of my cabinet it still doesn't work?

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 01:46:05 PM »
can find to work: exit game and insert coin.     exit game works with escape on my keyboard -> when mapping escape to a button of my cabinet it still doesn't work?

jmd

• Email
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »
I'm still confused how to map the buttuns on my keyboard. Going up,down (arrow keys) is no problem in Mgalaxy but for example: how the set the "system change/quit mgalaxy" ? default keys are Escape and the I-pac trigger says start player 1 + start player 2.

So in joytokey I have to map the escape button from my keyboard to 2 buttons on my arcade cabinet? It's still confusing to me.

No, the "I-pac trigger" info panel is dedicated to "I-Pac keyboard encoder" users (which are able to use what is called a 'Shift Key' to allow combinations of push-buttons)

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:45 AM »
because my pc was crashed I try to setup mgalaxy again. At this moment I use again joytokey because antimicro doesn't recognise my usb controller. Will try to solve this later but first setup mgalaxy.

I'm still confused how to map the buttuns on my keyboard. Going up,down (arrow keys) is no problem in Mgalaxy but for example: how the set the "system change/quit mgalaxy" ? default keys are Escape and the I-pac trigger says start player 1 + start player 2.

So in joytokey I have to map the escape button from my keyboard to 2 buttons on my arcade cabinet? It's still confusing to me.

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
I bought a complete cabinet without a pc. I had a second pc I didn't used anymore (a very fast intel I7) and I installed the great mgalaxy and games.
All the rest was done by the seller. He did the artwork for me (like I wanted), 8 led buttons, marquee,... I bought it from Romania

Aeliss

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
lol "finally" ^^

You have buy the complete cabinet ? or have modified something ?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:42:18 PM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 05:08:49 AM »
will post it here:

finally made a video of my arcade cabinet using mgalaxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2lfgRedA3w

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
frustrating that galaxy freezes so much when Quit an emulator back to mgalaxy
mGalaxy has no connection with a launched emulator...except that it waits for it to be 'properly' quit.
So, what you call a 'freeze' is more than likely a problem with an emulator at quit time...and mGalaxy waiting for it.
Sorry, but I can't read the whole topic from the beginning now, so would you please tell me what emulator is posing a problem, the version of mGalaxy, the version of the emulator, the version of your system?

Thanks

mostly nestopia is causing the problem. When going back to mgalaxy it freezes. Also with mame64 I already had this problem but less. I have the latest version of mgalaxy I think because I only have it for about 1 month and downloaded it from the website. My system is running windows 7 64 bit with a intel i7 processor.
That computer is inside my mame cabinet on the attic with no internet connection.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
frustrating that galaxy freezes so much when Quit an emulator back to mgalaxy
mGalaxy has no connection with a launched emulator...except that it waits for it to be 'properly' quit.
So, what you call a 'freeze' is more than likely a problem with an emulator at quit time...and mGalaxy waiting for it.
Sorry, but I can't read the whole topic from the beginning now, so would you please tell me what emulator is posing a problem, the version of mGalaxy, the version of the emulator, the version of your system?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:15:55 AM by mgalaxy »