Author Topic: Audio Fluctuating Up And Down In MGalaxy But Not When Running Just MAME  (Read 7904 times)

Aeliss

Re: Audio Fluctuating Up And Down In MGalaxy But Not When Running Just MAME
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »
Lol, realy nice project, some users have done some cabinet too. I realy to make one a day but for the moment I don't have enought place at home for one.
I have a "RetroBox" for the moment, It's just a box connected to a TV or a videoprojector, but I have a realy nice game collection, lot of fun with it too.

MGalaxyKIRam

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
A very simple explanation t is so the volume on commercials is the same as the program.  I am sure it has to do with the different sources audio is recorded in or what channels they are recorded on when they are originally programmed.  I am not sure but that would make sense to me.
I have other TV's that have this on it.  The only thing that made me think of it was because the hotel we were staying at, when a station would go between commercials and a tv program, the volume fluctuates.  I remembered at home that I adjust ours to "ON" on the TV's because it prevents going from a loud commercial to a quiet TV program or vice versa.
I will bet since I am using a "TV" as the monitor for my MAME that when you hit the fire button or and explosion occurs, the "TV" doesn't know really what to do so it just fluctuates.  I am sure with the video games because of all the various sounds that it simply confuses the "TV" as it was never intended for this specific purpose.   
Furthermore, as I said in a previous comment, i am a registered user of Maximus Arcade Software and I was really hoping to cure this problem as it is flawless to this point.  My daughter and friends play this all the time at my house and several have asked me to build them one. 
I am attaching a photo, I am going to Vinyl wrap the cabinet, still need to install the buttons.  Made the control panel out of HDPE and need to install the monitor.  I bought the Marquee at bargain price of $9.99 online. Got the marquee light working in this cabinet and have everything else ready to go.  Just been playing the MAME on a work bench using my XArcade Solo until I finish this.

Aeliss

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:31 AM »
Lol, realy good to know.
I have cheched google for "Sound Leveling" on led TV and you are not alone with a problem with this feature.

What is this for?

MGalaxyKIRam

So, I have been messing with the issue.  Only happens in MGalaxy........I have a setting on the LED TV I am using that has "Sound Leveling".  If you turn that off, NO ISSUES!  It was on!  Thanks for your suggestions!!!!!!!

MGalaxyKIRam

I have been out of town and as a fact, I still am out of town.  I will try a few things this week.

Aeliss

The bat file is to make a try in stand alone mode, without mGalaxy, in fact mGalaxy use exactly this command line to run Mame, it was to check the command line.

I realy don't have idea for this bug. Try to see the volume level during the fluctuations, in Mame it's the key just over the tab key, or on window, in volume control to see wich one is moving.

MGalaxyKIRam

I created a working .bat file as described.  My bat file works fine BUT I can't find a way to direct MGalaxy to load the .bat file.  It is looking for a .exe.  On another note, I have a registered Version of Maximus Arcade that has no issues, I just like MGalaxy better.  Let me know if there are more suggestions.
Thanks

MGalaxyKIRam

I will try the bat file.  It is with all games though.  i will do it to test.   I will post tonight once I try it. Thanks.

Aeliss

Realy funny bug ^^.
The fluctuating is random or regular ?

Try to change the volume shortcut in MaMe to make a test, or if you can see the System volume in same time to see which one volume is moving (using alt + tab).
I realy don't see how mGalaxy can impact sound volume on MaMe.

It's the same bug on all games ?

Try to make a bat file, in the same directory than mame with
Code: [Select]
mame64.exe -rompath "path/of_your/rom" rom.zip -volume -10 -skip_gameinfo -nowindow
With changing command with your mame version, roms path and the bugged rom name. This is to check the command line, but I don't think the bug is from here.
Try with removing the "-volume -10" too, please.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:10:22 AM by Aeliss »

MGalaxyKIRam

Using X Arcade Solo programmed my way.  Tried it with standard program. Mode 1.  Tried with just keyboard, just solo and same thing occurs.  It is every game also.  Everything works fine when just MAME up and running.  Annoying.  MGalaxy works great, super easy to set up.

Aeliss

Without using keyboard or joypad, just waiting after loading mame with mGalaxy ?

MGalaxyKIRam

Audio Fluctuating Up And Down In MGalaxy But Not When Running Just MAME
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »
So, as the title says.  This is my issue.  I have searched the site but having issues finding anything on it.  Audio is fine with just MAME but when MGalaxy is running, fluctuates from bottom to top of spectrum.