Author Topic: Show Available Roms doesn't show all roms  (Read 8082 times)

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Show Available Roms doesn't show all roms
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:59:12 AM »
OK, by reading the message from Dan I get the idea of what's your problem:
you've selected "show available roms only"...but you have selected "show clone:off" too!!...so mGalaxy only show you the roms that you have AND which are not clone of other roms
You'll see that if you select "show clone: on" you'll get the full list displayed.
Replacing the "cloneof" by "clone" in the "mg_mamedb.xml" file would simply skip that clone rom functionality and make it unavailable.

Please tell if your problem is solved with this advice, thanks

dan

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:11:53 PM »
Try opening the mg_mamedb.xml from the mGalaxy folder into notepad.  Then press Ctrl+H and search for "cloneof" and replace it with "clone" (don't include those quotes).  Press the ReplaceAll button.  Get yourself a snack.  Save the file and try it again.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »
I only have 14 roms in my roms directory.  I am running Mame version .121

Are your roms updated to v.121?
If yes, could you send those 14 roms (info@mgalaxy.com) so that I can check in a realtime situation what might be the problem?
Thanks very much

Devin

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »
I'm having the same problem.  Its actually with version 1.15 (I downloaded the mGalaxy and mame zip) and I'm only seeing the 1941 games when I set it to Show Available Roms.  So its looking in the right directory, but its not finding them all.

jeff412

Show Available Roms doesn't show all roms
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:58:08 AM »
I only have 14 roms in my roms directory.  I am running Mame version .121.  When I choose "Only Show Available Roms" only 5 of my roms show up.  If I show all, then my roms will run, but I have to choose from the huge list.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a work around?