Author Topic: video snaps dont work well on second screen  (Read 7528 times)

dashingw

• Email
Re: video snaps dont work well on second screen
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 05:09:34 PM »
Well it only happens when I iopen mGalaxy and it got the video previews working on the second screen so I'm not going to worry about it too much as it doesn't seem to affect anything else on my system. Sometimes you just gotta give a little to get a little.

If I reverse the tweak, I don't get the error window anymore but I don't get the video previews either!! Lol

Aeliss

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 11:12:01 AM »
Hu !!

This dll is from windows itself, your error message is not good, it say your windos system isn't correctly configured.

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 06:31:07 PM »
I should also mention one slight problem is, everytime mGalaxy opens, the window I posted below pops up. But as soon as you just close it your video previews should start
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:43:17 PM by dashingw »

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 06:09:32 AM »
Ok Gba, Mgalaxy found a work around assuming you have windows 7 like I do that is. I've tried it and it works

You have to change your windows 7 MP4 codec. Now I didnt have to download any other codec, you might if you dont have others but here's his quote...

*Mgalaxy Quote*

On Windows 7 the workaround is to disable the Media Foundation codec for MP4 playback (and possibly others if your application uses them). An easy way of turning this off is to use Win7DSFilterTweaker (http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm).

Download Win7DSFilterTweaker
    Start it
    Click Media Foundation
    Disable "MP4" (depending on your app being 32-bit or 64-bit, you may need to check both options)
    Now you will need another MP4 decoder (ffdshow perhaps?)
    Video will now play on a secondary monitor using the installed decoder (if you use ffdshow you will see an icon in the systray)

* END QUOTE*

Click his link and scroll down to the bottom till you get to the Major Geeks download link.Once your in Major Geeks i found their first download link wouldnt work but the second one did.

Besides going into the Media Foundation and checking the .MP4 codec to disable it, I went into the Preferred Decoders link as well and checked the Xvid decoder for MP4V as well. I dont know If I had to but I did it anyways. It was on USE MERIT whatever the hell that was...

Cheers,
Dash
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:16:19 AM by mgalaxy »

gbacube2

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »
BUMP!

gbacube2

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »
Anybody esle have any ideas ?? Somebody must have the videos working on a second screen ??

Also, say we want to be couch Potatoes and play this on our 2 screen setup PC how do we keep everything on the one big screen. If I open Mgalaxy on my main monitor then run an emulator it opens on the same screen as usual. but if I open mgalaxy on my Second Big Screen it opens but when I run an emulator it opens back up on my small main monitor. I thought that if I made the Big Screen my main monitor that the emulator would open there as well but it doesnt, it jumps to the other smaller screen I made second. This is all using extended Display. everything works fine on Dual. Can this not be done on extended display ??

Does it make a difference that Screen 1 is my 47" LCD and Screen 2 is my VGA LCD monitor which I also keep as my main monitor ??

Sorry for Hijacking you here gbacube2 but I'm trying to get an answer for both of us seeing as how it's in the same area :o)

I had the same problem but I did get that to work by opening the emulator (the in mgalxy targeted exe file) first and dragging the window to the correct screen. Try opening the emulator see if it goes fullscreen on the correct screen. If thats all ok then open Mglaxy and it should work. But the videos still wont.

Its probably not a resolution problem either because as i mentioned before if i make the second screen the main screen  it will work and the resolution is the same as with extend mode.So thats not it..

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:55:30 PM »
Yeah, that's definitely weird, I play on my cab but I just went to my other PC that is hooked up to a 2nd LCD and when I ran mGalaxy on the 2nd screen I got the same damn thing, gonna have to think about that one. Gotta be something with resolution.....

gbacube2

video snaps dont work well on second screen
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 04:49:47 PM »
Hi , i really like mgalaxy and got it running good with boxarts en vidoesnaps.
When i start the progam up on my mainscreen everything works great but when i upon it up on my second screen
everythinge work except for the videos. Its really strange because with first vid it will work but then after that the screen goes black on the vids.
When i make the second screen  my main screen or duplicate the screens it works  (but thats not what i want)! But when the second screen is on "extend"(what i want) there are issues with the videos.

what could it be?? thankyou!