Author Topic: Easy way to configure MAME (global, per-game)?  (Read 8245 times)

Aeliss

Re: Easy way to configure MAME (global, per-game)?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
When booting up my pc these settings are gone
You are trying with mGalaxy or directly with mame executable.
Mame have general configuration and configuration by game.

Configuration can be difficult, read only file, bad folder name, wrong files place, ect .. The easier way, delete all the files (execpt roms and pictures)  and install mame again.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:59:35 PM by Aeliss »

BONLEV

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 05:15:09 AM »
My key mapping in mame are not saving? When launching mame.exe (not in mgalaxy) I press tab and edit all the keys like insert coin, player 1 buttons, ...
When going back to the game(s) everything works. When booting up my pc these settings are gone. I read something abou the default.cfg file in mame?

NOw this file is in the folder where there the changes of the games are (not the roms, videos or snaps) is this the correct place?
Or how can I detect where the problem is? My mame is still the same version from 2 years ago, only mgalaxy was updated to the latest 6.2 version.

So it worked in the past.

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 04:29:34 AM »
Nope in a separate folder, this application ask for the mame folder and can work in an other folder.
I m using it too to keep my rom in date, It don't download itself the rom but realy usefull to find the old/missing rom.
It have too a special function to make snapshoot (and find missing one).

chrispitude

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »
IDK, but personaly I m using Emuloader (this one is still active) > http://emuloader.mameworld.info/

Thank you Aeliss! This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Do you just install this in your MAME directory, then use it interactively to get your MAME configurations right?

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
IDK, but personaly I m using Emuloader (this one is still active) > http://emuloader.mameworld.info/

chrispitude

Easy way to configure MAME (global, per-game)?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »
Hi folks,

I have an upright MAME console with a Tankstick. After many years, I decided to overhaul the PC and upgrade all the software. I've moved from MaLa to mGalaxy and I'm excited to get everything set up and polished!

Is there an easy way to edit global and per-game MAME .ini files without resorting to hand editing? In my previous install, I used EasyMAME:

http://easymame.mameworld.info/

It was a very nice graphical front-end for MAME, and provided graphical dialogs for global and per-game configuration of all the various options:

I could tweak settings for games interactively in EasyMAME, then use those same settings with MaLa and MAME itself for the final player experience.

However, I see that EasyMAME hasn't been touched since 2008. How is everyone managing their global and per-game MAME configuration files? Are we really back to hand-editing .ini files??