Author Topic: Using more than one emulator per system  (Read 5906 times)

ntir

Re: Using more than one emulator per system
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 04:41:27 PM »
Yes, I've configured Retroarch to use several emus for one system, for example, I use bSNES or SNES9x depending of the game to emulate or if I prefer accuracy instead of speed. Right now, I need to create one system per emulator within the XML config because it is necessary to specify the correct AppPath.

It will be amazing to select the emulator within mGalaxy frontend.

Aeliss

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:36 AM »
You can add as much application you want in the xml file, but for the moment there is only one AppPath, every time you change the emul, you need to reselect the new path to the new emul. (But it could be a good idea for the wishlist for the future version, I will use it too)

You have a system where you are using 2 emul for the same system ?

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »
I think he means like Nintendo NES has maybe four emulators. He doesn't just want to set up Jnes but another NES emulator as well for example....

ntir

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »
Thank you for yor quick response.

I know there is a dropdown contol, but only one AppPath to choose. I mean, in the xml config it is only possible to enter one AppPath while it is possible to set commands for several emulators. I think it would be better if it had a AppPath for each command. That way you can choose the emulator to run.

mgalaxy

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »
It would be amazing if you could choose the emulator to run a system within mGalaxy.
But you can! There's a drop-down menu to choose your preferred emulator.
But you perhaps mean that you want to be able to switch from one emulator to another from time to time (instead of using always the same emulator)?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:46:23 PM by mgalaxy »

ntir

Using more than one emulator per system
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »
Hi all! Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

Firts of all, I would like to say mGalaxy is a great frontend.

Well, I have got a question:

is it possible to configure individually each emulator (application, within mGalaxy Runway) path? I can see that it is possible to set more than one emulator but it is no possible to choose which to launch.

I think there should be a AppPath for every emulator instead one AppPath for all of them.

It would be amazing if you could choose the emulator to run a system within mGalaxy.

Cheers!