Author Topic: Hi Score ?? Into video addition ?? any of this ??  (Read 6351 times)

BONLEV

• Email
Re: Hi Score ?? Into video addition ?? any of this ??
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 10:15:33 AM »
I use mame64 0.160 Is it already possible te keep the high scores? I don't see a ini file in my folders. Can someone help me out?

Aeliss

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »
Hu ? strange.
Perhaps it's the mame autosave function. If you load the game on GameEx you see all the loading (with some message like rom checking) or you start at same point you leave the emulator ?

There is an option in mame to enable to make hightscore.dat working, but if you are using the same executable with the same config I can't understand why it work only on 1 front end and not the other.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:50:11 AM by Aeliss »

dashingw

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »
As I understand it from what I read the other day about hi scores and Mame was that after version 108 to present (156) you need to compile your own Mame to have hi scores work. That's a little too sophisticated for me and my Mame64_UI.156 does not keep hi scores after you exit the ROM. However before i installed MGalaxy the other day I installed Gamex a few days before and to my pleasant surprise I played Galaga and got a hi score. When I came back to it a day or two later and went into it the hiscore was still there and this was after turning the computer on and off in between. So Gamex is using something that let's Mame keep the hi scores in the Roms. A quick search through the Gamex files on my computer and the only thing I could really find was this HiToText exe. File

Aeliss

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »
Idk what you want exactly but :
1 - You need need a special version of mame that manage the Hight score, idk if you have the good one.
2 - this mame version generate *.hi file that contain the hightscore.
3 - the application HiToText.exe can convert the *.hi to text file
4 - you can use this file where you want, but idk if you just want to see the hightscore in mame or in mGalaxy ?

Not sure for all, I don't use this feature, I m using standard Mame.

dashingw

• Email
Hi Score ?? Into video addition ?? any of this ??
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
I love this frontend its stylish yet simple to setup. I am just wondering if there is a way to have Mame use the high scores. I have tried Gamex as well and it does this without having to do anything extra. Searching through its files I came across HiToText.exe and I think this is what it is using to make the Hi scores work in Mame. Does anybody have this set up in MGalaxy ?? Also is there a way to use intro videos at startup ??